• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

RIP to My Gold Severum

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I finally had to euthanize my big gold severum today (picture in my avatar). I've had him for almost 6 years and noticed him starting to deteriorate physically a few months ago. He was starting to get beaten up in the tank, so it was time.

Kinda bummed. He was the first fish I put in my 180 when I set it up.

npbarca

Members
That sucks. I have one about 3" in my 75 and he is so personable. Always comes to the glass and follows my hand when cleaning.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
That's terrible Jon.
I always went straight to that tank to check him out when we were at the BBQ's. I have always had a "thing" for Gold Severums.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, I've kept them for a long time. I'll probably start growing out some more soon.

Although 6 years is a good run for a fish (in my opinion), he probably could have had a few more if I had a tank to dedicate to him. He was too aggressive to keep with other South American cichlids, so he lived with bigger, angrier Centrals.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app