• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rift Lake Tanks

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Hi! In looking for ways to make the club interesting to friends in Catonsville I came across this site. It has lots of pictures!
http://www.mit.edu/~lxs/cichlids/index.html

This is a very involved site for how to set up …any rift lake tanks and all topics related to care of the rift lake fish. (Lake Malawi is my main interest). Please look at this site and let me know what you think of it!

Charlutz

Members
:rolleyes: Hi! In looking for ways to make the club interesting to friends in Catonsville I came across this site. It has lots of pictures!

This is a very involved site for how to set up …any rift lake tanks and all topics related to care of the rift lake fish. (Lake Malawi is my main interest). Please look at this site and let me know what you think of it![/b]

I actually think the site skips over a lot of important information. You can get much better information from CCA members.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotemain'>:rolleyes: Hi! In looking for ways to make the club interesting to friends in Catonsville I came across this site. It has lots of pictures!

This is a very involved site for how to set up …any rift lake tanks and all topics related to care of the rift lake fish. (Lake Malawi is my main interest). Please look at this site and let me know what you think of it![/b]

I actually think the site skips over a lot of important information. You can get much better information from CCA members.
[/b][/quote]

T :rolleyes: hanks! I'd like to know the CCA members sites that you are referring to so that I can look at them. Do they go through the entire set-up and care?

Charlutz

Members
Sorry to confuse. Not websites. I meant that CCA members could give you better information. If you want to do web research, try all of the general cichlid sites and browse the libraries, as well as the lake and species specific forums. There is a lot of information out there. Some aspects are more art than science, so you will get different perspectives and opinions. cichlidae.com and cichlid-forum.com are good places to start.

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Thanks. Yes, I use the cichlid forum often. It is a great site.

What I am looking for is something that a friend of mine can use without having to do a lot of research. He and his kids already have oscars. They would probably appreciate a site that went through the steps on setting up a cichlid tank, selecting fish, keeping the fish.. all at an introductory level.. and in one spot. (They aren't yet into breeding fish.. but might get hooked.. and I am hoping they will join CCA.)

Tim

Members
:rolleyes: Thanks for the tip. The 'Fishoholics' site is really interesting. I like the way you get right to the basics. I will make sure that my friend sees it!
Marge[/b]

We're a small friendly group. :D
If you hang out in the chat room at night long enough, it usually starts filling up. Although we tend to talk more about each other's lives than we do fish. LOL
Tim