• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rent National Geographic's Lake Tanganyika - Jewel Of The Rift

Charlutz

Members
National Geographic Channel runs it once a month or once every 6 weeks or so. It's usually in the middle of the day so you need to set your tivo or vcr. They've made it part of a series called "Living Wild" so it might be easier to search the schedule under that name.

Steve

Members
National Geographic Channel runs it once a month or once every 6 weeks or so. It's usually in the middle of the day so you need to set your tivo or vcr. They've made it part of a series called "Living Wild" so it might be easier to search the schedule under that name.
[/b]

I've got it on videotape somewhere. It's good to pull out periodically*, plus it's just really well done. (And it's difficult to beat Avery Brooks as a narrator.) You might find it catalogued under "Heart of Africa," because it was one of a three-part series when it came out.

Steve

(* Need I mention that it's *perfect* for those quiet romantic evenings? LOL!)

Charlutz

Members
I've got it on videotape somewhere. It's good to pull out periodically*, plus it's just really well done. (And it's difficult to beat Avery Brooks as a narrator.)[/b]

The video is excellent. Some of it is staged or contrived so that it can "tell a story" but the shots are still magnificent. I have the Avery Brooks version on tape. The version they are showing now has slightly different video cuts, and nearly the same narration script, but it's no longer Avery Brooks doing the narration. I'm hoping that when directv offers the Nat Geo channel in HD later this year that this gets an HD transfer.

Unfortunately it's not in any of the libraries around here but I have seen it on cable.
[/b]

ya but you know you can request the vhs to be send over to your library..it's the some library system..basically as long they are in the system..you can request book all the country..

daniel

Members
I really should try to tape it, I know my two fish-addict kids would enjoy seeing it ;)
[/b]

I love it so much I dubbed it over onto DVD for my own personal needs. It is always a peaceful background viewing option. Does anyone know of any other cichlid-centric videos or programs? The only other one I have is the Nicaragua, Cichlids from the Crater Lakes video by Willem Heijns... sorry if I misspelled his name, it's Dutch, give me a break. ;-)

<div class='quotemain'>
I really should try to tape it, I know my two fish-addict kids would enjoy seeing it ;)
[/b]

I love it so much I dubbed it over onto DVD for my own personal needs. It is always a peaceful background viewing option. Does anyone know of any other cichlid-centric videos or programs? The only other one I have is the Nicaragua, Cichlids from the Crater Lakes video by Willem Heijns... sorry if I misspelled his name, it's Dutch, give me a break. ;-)
[/b][/quote]

hmm can i borrow it to burn a copy ;0