• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Reefers?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have a SW tank I'm breaking down. I've had the fish for approximately 2 years, just downsizing tanks. I know a few people here keep marine/reef setups, so I figured I'd check if anyone is interested. The live rock and sand are already spoken for, but I have some livestock and supplies.

Bonded Pair of Ocellaris Clownfish (Tank-raised from juvenile) $30
Green Clown Goby $10
Coral-Banded Shrimp $10
Royal Gramma $10

I also have tons of supplies and accessories. Listed are a few, anything else I find will probably be given to anyone who shows up to buy.

Bucket of salt to make 150 gallons (new) $30
Refractometers $2 each
Water conditioners/Buffers $10 for lot
4 packs of marine frozen food $10 for lot
2 containers of FD plankton (Coral grow) $15

I know I have more, but everything is at home, so I'm going from memory. Everything is housed in a 12 gallon Nano-Cube deluxe. If everything else sells, I'd be willing to sell the tank for $70 OBO. Pickup in Gaithersburg.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Michael,

Let me talk to Maria, but I may take the whole livestock lot off your hands. Will PM you.

TheWire

Members
Hey Michael,

Let me talk to Maria, but I may take the whole livestock lot off your hands. Will PM you.

:( i m tempting to get the whole thing LOL...but depends on price..but definitely interested in parts + tank etc
Tony can get the livestocks

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Let the games begin!:fighting0097:The tank is the nano cube deluxe. Fully enclosed system; 2 24 watt CF 50/50 bulbs, built-in wet/dry filtration. There is a surface skimmer, but not a protein skimmer. I believe there is a skimmer that fits in the compartment for the bio-cube, but I'm not sure if it fits the nano cube. I have a 50 watt heater in the pump compartment, not OE. The livestock prices are essentially what I paid for the fish when young, but I'll do my best to sweeten the deal as far as accessories go. I know you both, so hopefully we can work it out so everyone is happy. Feel free to PM me with questions or offers and we'll go from there.

TheWire

Members
Let the games begin!:fighting0097:The tank is the nano cube deluxe. Fully enclosed system; 2 24 watt CF 50/50 bulbs, built-in wet/dry filtration. There is a surface skimmer, but not a protein skimmer. I believe there is a skimmer that fits in the compartment for the bio-cube, but I'm not sure if it fits the nano cube. I have a 50 watt heater in the pump compartment, not OE. The livestock prices are essentially what I paid for the fish when young, but I'll do my best to sweeten the deal as far as accessories go. I know you both, so hopefully we can work it out so everyone is happy. Feel free to PM me with questions or offers and we'll go from there.

ya...tony can have all the livestocks :)..i am still very new into the reefers...dont want to kill your hardwork :eek:

is those 24 watt CF 50/50 is a straight pin?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ok, well it sounds like you each want different stuff, so that should work out well. I'm pretty sure the bulbs are straight pin, it should be standard. The bulbs look fine, but may be due for replacement according to usage. I would have to work out the livestock with Tony before I can move the tank, so I'll keep you updated.

Tony

Oh ****, Kam... sorry about that. Read the post, hit reply, then walked away from my desk to return and type it. Didn't mean to try to steal it from under you. :)

Honestly, if you'd like the livestock, please, have at it. I've been picking up a lot of fin-related items lately and still need to check with mama anyway.

Tony

Man, beat to the punch again with simultaneous posts... really need to type faster, lol.

Those fish are a good blend for a tank that size and are also good hardy started fish. If Kam would like them, I'd love for him to take em. :)

TheWire

Members
Man, beat to the punch again with simultaneous posts... really need to type faster, lol.

Those fish are a good blend for a tank that size and are also good hardy started fish. If Kam would like them, I'd love for him to take em. :)
you can have them really...if i m getting the tank..i am starting off with 1 demsel LOL

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Oh ****, Kam... sorry about that. Read the post, hit reply, then walked away from my desk to return and type it. Didn't mean to try to steal it from under you. :)

Honestly, if you'd like the livestock, please, have at it. I've been picking up a lot of fin-related items lately and still need to check with mama anyway.
You're not married yet, so you can get away with just bringing stuff home right? Just kidding, I know how it REALLY works.
I think Kam was more interested in the tank and supplies, but I'll let you all sort it out. PM me or each other and we can go from there. FYI, I need to move the livestock by this weekend if possible, the tank can be anytime relatively soon if not sold as a package.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ok, how about this to sweeten the deal. Whoever buys the livestock gets all the food I have for free. Whoever buys the tank gets all the water conditioners and refractometers for free. I'll try to dig everything out tonight so I have a good idea of whats available. Tony, let me know after you talk to your soon-to-be wife and hopefully we'll make arrangements. Kam, I'll touch base after talking to Tony. Anyone else want to join the confusion?

Lively

Members
you can have them really...if i m getting the tank..i am starting off with 1 demsel LOL

LOL! You'll need more than that - more fish or crabs, shrimp etc - basic clean up crew or the little nasties that are in the rock will take over. I made that mistake, ended up keeping a tank of bristleworms - not fun.

TheWire

Members
Demsel is morel like a joke actually. Ultimately I want to keep a pair of small clown fish (nemo) in there, with maybe shrimp but I want to experiment a little bit with liverocks then coral...first

Lively

Members
LOL - we named our "cycle" damsel Ursula - she was mean. In all seriousness - I allowed my fish/invert population to go too low and there were bristleworms in the tank. I lost everything - including my live rock - to them. There were so many they ate a fish in less than 24 hours - it was a 6 lined wrasse I bought to eat them. Unfortunately, they sleep in caves and bristleworms eat mainly at night.

Tony

There were so many they ate a fish in less than 24 hours - it was a 6 lined wrasse I bought to eat them. Unfortunately, they sleep in caves and bristleworms eat mainly at night.

OMG! Seriously? I didn't know that they would go after live prey.....Poor little guy; that's terrible.

Lively

Members
Yeah, seriously. The first time I tried to get rid of them I reduced the salt in the tank by adding freshwater - I stopped counting them after like 300. I brought the salt back up and added the wrasse. The fish was literally scales only on 36 hours. I tried pulling the rocks and flushing/soaking with pure fresh water, that didn't work either. I ended up tossing all the live rock into the front yard in the dead of winter. I upped my cleanup crew to take care of any that might be in the sand or bits of rock left behind. Two months later I put the very dead rock back in. It's slowly coming back since I was able to save little bits and the sand was still live - but it's going on two years now and I still hesiate to put any fish in there.

Oh - and it was a 20g cube - I'd estimate I had well over a thousand worms in there and some of them weren't all that small.

YSS

Members
I am interested in

Green Clown Goby $10
Coral-Banded Shrimp $10
Royal Gramma $10

if they are available. I just placed order for a bucket of salt yesterday. I wish I had seen this post sooner.