• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Red Wiggler - $26 per pound

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm going to be picking up some red wiggler (composting) worms sometime this week from a local farm...and was wondering if anyone wanted me to pick some up for them.

They are $25 / ~lb, which is about 1,000 worms and competitive with what's available online. I'm adding $1/lb to cover Paypal and my gas for picking them up.

These worms are really easy to culture (basically you just keep them in a ventilated rubbermaid at room-ish temp and feed them organic materials: veggie and fruit scraps...even junk mail). Here's a quick DIY: http://cascadeworms.com/homeworm-farming/worm-composting-bins (video on the left)

Until recently, I had a bin of these guys in my garage...and after a couple of years it turned south (from too much citrus and not enough air circulation, I think). Since I've been culturing worms, I haven't bought live or frozen food...and have yet to find a fish that doesn't like them. They're ~70% protein and (of course) free from aquatic parasites.

Anyway, please let me know if you want any and I can bring them to the May meeting (or you can pick them up sooner in Potomac, MD near Exit 5 on 270).

I'm simply picking up worms for folks, so no guarantees on exact weight, number of worms, etc, etc. I'll need folks to paypal me $26 per pound to mtquinn2006@yahoo.com prior to pick up...

Thanks,
Matt

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I pick mine up at the meeting. If I can do I sooner I get up with you. I like Cocopeat better than soil too as its a sterile medium.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Cool!

I actually use newspaper as a medium.

It all turns to worm-poop pretty quick, though (which is really good for plants...)

OK - got you Prince and Jon. Jesse - let me know if you want a pound or if you can get someone to split one with you..

Matt

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I'll take a pound of worms also. Probably cannot get until the CCA mtg unless you plan to go to the PVAS meeting this Sat. I'm willing to split with Jesse if he cannot find someone else to split a pound with.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I cut up larger worms (or tear them up) or just feed smaller worms to smaller fish. I just rinse of the castings (worm dirt) and drop them in...

Anyone else? I'm planning on picking them up on Friday and finalizing my order later today...

Matt

verbal

CCA Members
I'll take a pound of worms also. Probably cannot get until the CCA mtg unless you plan to go to the PVAS meeting this Sat. I'm willing to split with Jesse if he cannot find someone else to split a pound with.

That sounds good. I will paypal Matt for the pound this evening.

dogofwar

CCA Members
OK - I'm picking up the worms on Friday afternoon. Each pound will be in an individual bag with bedding material that will keep for a week or more.

If you ordered worms and aren't Jon, please paypal me $26 to mtquinn2006@yahoo.com and let me know if you wanna get your worms this weekend or wait until the meeting.

Also, I'm getting one extra pound if anyone else wants in on a pound at the next meeting.

Thanks,
Matt

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Whoa Partner...

Trying to foist a pound of worms onto me, eh? I know your game there Bucko, don't even think about it unless you want mice colonizing the family sedan during a CCA meeting.
:D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sam = Sam and Tony.

I'm getting a pound to split with you. :)