• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Re-scaped the 135

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
This has been a busy week for me, fish-wise. With a friend's help, I rehomed all of the former inhabitants of this tank, with the exception of the plecos. I added more sand, rocks and plants. I relocated my breeding pair of Aequidens metae, my Melini cories, Bolivian rams, and a few tetras into this tank. It is still a bit cloudy and the face needs to be wiped free of algae (not easy on an acrylic tank), but I am otherwise happy with it.

0103152323a.jpg

spazmattik

Members
I think that looks great Andrew. I am not good with plants, what are the sets of broad leaf plants to the right? Are the swords?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I think that looks great Andrew. I am not good with plants, what are the sets of broad leaf plants to the right? Are the swords?

Yes, the largest plants to the right are swords.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blkmjk

Members
Looks great. How do you like the bigger rocks in with the sand?

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Looks great. How do you like the bigger rocks in with the sand?

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

So far, so good. I tried to get the rocks deep enough that any digging won't result in collapse. After looking at Lee Nuttal's tanks on fb and on his page (Google "cichlid scene"), I thought I'd give it a try.

YSS

Members
Great looking tank! Love it. This tank would look great with a small school of wild discus! :) Congrats!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Love it!

What kind of lighting do you have on it?

The lighting consists of two Current True lumen led pro strips. I am looking to either replace them or add additional lighting that will bring out the blue in the tetras and metae. I am open to suggestions.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Great looking tank! Love it. This tank would look great with a small school of wild discus! :) Congrats!

I agree, though discus are not in the plans. I do plan on adding four silver angels (I have two already), and 6-8 red head geos. I will also add more tetras.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Thanks for the compliments. The wood on the left consists of three pieces of Manzanita.