• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rainforest Experience Update

Hey everyone,

I just want to apologize for my absence from the forum these past couple of months. Things have been really busy for me both in my personal and business world. I found out back in March I was going to be a dad, actually the night before aquamania, and then we lost the baby mid April. I apologize to everyone for being a no show to aquamania and really wished i could've been there.

Since then I have been very busy building three ponds for customers here in the DC area and flying to FL, New Orleans, and Ohio to install custom acrylic aquariums for my friend and business partner at www.aquartaquariums.com. In my absence I had the chance to even make my mark in Hollywood by setting up a tank for a movie called "Heat" coming out in 2014. Pictures are below and you'll see this tank during a fight scene in the movie. I do apologize for the poor picture quality but I was only allowed to take pictures once I fully set-up the tank and added the shark, hence the murky water :-/.

shark2_zps24f19c83.jpg

shark1_zpsea72cd5f.jpg

shark_zpsfacd8d83.jpg

With all of this being said my main reason for posting is to inform everyone that my company has been bought out and I am now moving to Ohio to work for Aquart Aquariums and travel around the US installing custom aquariums for them. I will be their point person for sharks, jellyfish, stingrays, paladariums, and poison dart frogs. I will have my own storefront as well in Columbus, Ohio and I hope if your ever in the area you will come and visit. The meeting in June will be my last meeting probably to attend in person. I will still be in the DC area though at least one week out of the month to service my accounts here until the contracts end or I can find someone to buy them from me. Feel free to follow me though with my new company and if you ever need anything I am more than happy to ship or bring it with me on my visits to DC. My new company's facebook page is below.

https://www.facebook.com/TropicalCreationsGroup

P.S.

I will miss this group a lot and will try to follow y'all on the forum as much as possible and will miss the friendships that I have made while being a member of this great organization.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow Chris, been a bumpy last couple of months.

Good luck to you and keep in touch. :)

Andrew

Members
That tank is completely inappropriate for that animal. If you're going to make a buck off aquaria, you could at least make sure the animals are being housed properly. I don't think the shark gets much consolation from being in a big-budget movie when it can't turn around in its tank without going vertical.

And yes, I have kept sharks and built displays for them too.

Greengirl

Members
Sorry about the baby. I hope your wife is ok. Hang in there.

But I agree with Andrew, sharks need rounded tanks or they get caught in corners and hit their noses and ruin their balance. How long is that guy going to be in there?

Thanks everyone. I agree with everyone 100% on the shark. It was only in the tank for 5 days and now is in a 1200 gallon cylinder tank awaiting to be sent to the baltimore aquarium. That tank was not a permanent home for the 42" leopard shark.

Ading522

Members
Glad to hear it wasn't a permanent home for the shark.

+1

@rainforestexp, Sorry to hear about your loss, but keep going.. everything happens for a reason, and I am sure there are better things in store for you.. Best of luck to your endeavors!

Doing movies and TV tanks are a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I remember doing some tanks for an episode of the short run show "Hack". It was pretty cool especially when we blew up the aquarium and then had to catch all the fish and get them in buckets in less than a minute (someone from Humane society was there to time us).

I didn't sleep for 48 hours but the constant supply of food from craft services was great.

Andy

zackcrack00

Members
I am sorry for your loss. I hope you move forward with life, and although I do not know you, I will be missing reading your posts. I am glad you're going to Ohio, is very beautiful there. Good luck in life, and I hope hope you can get on the forum every once in a while!

As many of you know I was a former employee of AquArt Aquariums and I wanted to let you know Richard is crushing dreams again. Richard had me sell my company and offered me a job up here in Columbus as he promised me partnership in his company. I learned a lot about his company since moving up here sadly and wished I would've known sooner as I never would've moved up here. I was never made an official partner of his company and my share of the profits went to paying off debt with other people.

What is worse is Richard ripped off a private school in Atlanta. The school ordered a re-furbished 1000 gallon shark tank from AquArt and what they got was a scratched up, multiple broken seams, POS acrylic aquarium that is a ticking time bomb to explode. The school was building a new school building and the aquarium was going to be the main vocal point for the school and was going to be used to help recruit new students as well. Now the school is stuck with a huge hole in the wall with an aquarium that doesnt hold water.

Richard is claiming he is going out of business here locally but if you were to email him he will say he can still build you a new aquarium. PLEASE, PLEASE stay far away from this guy as possible. Local people on this forum know who I am and have talked to me about this too. Mods, if you need more proof or info I am more than happy to post emails, texts, etc. I'm just tired of seeing dreams crushed and money taken w/ nothing in return as it has just gotten worse each month for the 6 months i worked with him.

Here are some links about him on MFK.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...cott-Ohio-tank-seller-Aquart&highlight=AquArt

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?566140-AquArt-Strikes-Again-(4-Viewing)

Ading522

Members
As many of you know I was a former employee of AquArt Aquariums and I wanted to let you know Richard is crushing dreams again. Richard had me sell my company and offered me a job up here in Columbus as he promised me partnership in his company. I learned a lot about his company since moving up here sadly and wished I would've known sooner as I never would've moved up here. I was never made an official partner of his company and my share of the profits went to paying off debt with other people.

What is worse is Richard ripped off a private school in Atlanta. The school ordered a re-furbished 1000 gallon shark tank from AquArt and what they got was a scratched up, multiple broken seams, POS acrylic aquarium that is a ticking time bomb to explode. The school was building a new school building and the aquarium was going to be the main vocal point for the school and was going to be used to help recruit new students as well. Now the school is stuck with a huge hole in the wall with an aquarium that doesnt hold water.

Richard is claiming he is going out of business here locally but if you were to email him he will say he can still build you a new aquarium. PLEASE, PLEASE stay far away from this guy as possible. Local people on this forum know who I am and have talked to me about this too. Mods, if you need more proof or info I am more than happy to post emails, texts, etc. I'm just tired of seeing dreams crushed and money taken w/ nothing in return as it has just gotten worse each month for the 6 months i worked with him.

Here are some links about him on MFK.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...cott-Ohio-tank-seller-Aquart&highlight=AquArt

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?566140-AquArt-Strikes-Again-(4-Viewing)

Wow..thanks for the heads up.. To think I was going to try ordering a tank from him.. Wonder if the tank i wanted was really bought.. A nice 300+ gallon in the DC area.. Hope no one else here got scammed..looks like a lot of people have negative feedback on him after reading the mfk post..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wow..thanks for the heads up.. To think I was going to try ordering a tank from him.. Wonder if the tank i wanted was really bought.. A nice 300+ gallon in the DC area.. Hope no one else here got scammed..looks like a lot of people have negative feedback on him after reading the mfk post..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I still have it in DC but needs a lot of cleaning

No prob
Keep your head up and keep pushing forward.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thanks. Still going at it and have a huge support of friends/ customers here and everyone at CCA. I greatly appreciate everything y'all do for me and the kind words says. I still haven't given up on the fish dream and looking forward to 2014 and what it has in stores. It's just a speed bump but its behind me now. Also feel free to follow me on Instagram, TropicalCreationsInc