• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ptyochromis oligacanthus

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Extra spawning pair of a truly awesome fish. Three sets in a 40B is just too much action. This is one of the coolest cichlids I've ever met - flashy, ravenous, very sparky and easy to spawn - hard to understand why they're so rare in the hobby, more so sense they have strong attractive violet/lavender and turquoise hues which is similarly uncommon. Usual terms...

Ptychochromis oligacanthus.jpg

Forester

Members
If you could hold them for a few weeks I'd buy em just are not ready for em right now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Instant gratification

A few weeks might be too long, particularly if someone else comes courting.

These are more entertaining IMO but Discus are, well, Discus, as well as much larger and more demanding.

Would think a 20 (long) would be adequate but a 29 would probably be better just because these guys really like to move. Must be some serious predation in Madagascar - never seen a smallish cichlid quite so juiced.

Becca

Members
I think I'm coming into a 15 gallon this weekend, if you need them moved, or I could stick them in the empty 20 I keep for quarantine and hold them for Lucas.

I guess they could chill in the 150 temporarily but if they're as zippy as you say I might have trouble removing them when it's time to do the Discus. Of course, if they're as zippy as you say, just watching them swim by may cause the Discus to swoon and faint...