• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Post Your "fry" Pix

I posted some photos on the APF site of my newborn Aulonocara Maylandi. One of the admins there thought it would be a good idea to share all fry pix in the thread I started. I agreed.

So, since we have so many breeders here, perhaps you all could post photos of your cuties too...in this thread at CCA.

I'll start with my fry photos of the sulpher head peacocks that were born on Valentines Day.

2dMaylandiFry021907.jpg

2cMaylandiFry021907.jpg

2bMaylandiFry021907.jpg

2aMaylandiFry021907.jpg

Part of the school...
1aMaylandiFry021807.jpg

My God Bobby
Those are great concidering how small the fish are.
[/b]

Thanks Pat.

Kinda proud of them too. :D

I used the 60mm f/2.8d with a Nikon Close Up No. 6T attached to the front of it.

I have all the close up flters/lens for the 50mm f/1.8d, and this one for the 60mm. I haven't it used it because I never liked the results on closeups of larger fish. I gave it a try this morning and the results worked fairly well. :rolleyes:

It is basically just a "magnifyer" and not an additional longer macro. For that reason, I don't reccommend it's use to provide sharp macro efforts. But, in this case, it helped a little.

maddog10

Members
If I ever get a decent one, I will post it. I have, all of a sudden, become very picky about the photos I post. Thanks Bobby! :D

I have, all of a sudden, become very picky about the photos I post. Thanks Bobby![/b]

That's a good thing Michael.

I have soooo many photos I would like to share, but I look at the tech quality, and they don't satisfy my standards. So, they end up in the can. :(

You are there, Bud!!!

mscichlid

Founder
You make me sick! :spanka:

Good work! I love it.....really! Just jealous. All I do is feed and do water changes.
Stupid fish!

maddog10

Members
Best fry photo so far, too many in the tank to get a single fish off by itself. Tank is dirty. If you look close enough you can see where I had to erase and crop some other fish out of the photo. Fry are tough little buggers to capture. This little guy is just under 1/2" total length.

fry.jpg

Nice one Bobby
I wish I had fry to photograph.

Oh well.
[/b]

If you remember...when I first shot your fishroom, I was more excited about photographing the fry than anything else.

Your fry photos I took two years ago...

1aPKAbnoNgra102905.jpg

1aPKAlnoErka102905.jpg

You have the equipment, and you have the fry. Start shooting them. The challenge is soooooooooo rewarding. :smashfreakB:

A couple more recent shots of mine...
3aMaylandiFry031407.jpg

3bMaylandiFry031407.jpg

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I've been a little buisy, and I don't have a great camera, but here are a few fry pics I've taken over the years...

Pearl%20Fry%2011%2026%2006%200001%20mod%20c.jpg

Pearl%20baby.jpg

Pearls%20sp1%20day8%2010%2029%2006%20mod.jpg

These pics are of a spawn of parent raised pearlscale babies that are about quarter to silverdollar size at this time.

I've got a lot of better pics, but they are somewhere in the wilds of my picture archives, and I"m not sure off hand which file they are in.....

Later!
Amanda.