• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

poret sponges added

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
after listening, reading, and asking questions with differet people, who are more experienced than i, i finally made the changes on a sump and wet dry. on one i did exactly what hans (hans discus) described at his presentation. i took a piece of poret and tied it to a small plastic basket w/ platsic ties. i then placed it directly under the pipes delivering water to my sump allowing it to splash and run onto the poret. i the weighted it down with a small rockand refilled the sump. so far so good but ill look in a week and see if i like it or not. on the other i took out that blue/white pre filter stuff and the coarse fibers. undernath that i removed some bio filter balls and placed poret overtop of that. it also seems to be working fine. this will be a little harder to determine as it only has 2 fish and fry and stays crystal clear anyway lol! i will see.;)