• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Plumbing a 180

I'm finally getting around to plumbing my drilled 180. I picked up a wet/dry filter from kevin911 sometime back and recently got a Mag 18 for the return (hope it will be enough). I've also managed to acquire an additional fx5 for added filtration.

This will be my first overflow tank, aside from my marine tank which came put together. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I assume there's a formula to assist with things like pvc diameter, how far beneath the water surface you should place your overflow based on the size.of your sump, etc.

Other than using shut-off valves at every possible location, is there any additional advice or resources anyone can point me to? If like to keep as much water in the tank as possible.

And, of anyone is in the area of glen burnie and looking for something to do, I won't turn away on-site assistance. I pay in beer and/or lunch... :)

Thanks in advance

Matt