• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pic's of Fire Fin eggs

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
My Fire Fin comp's spawned again Sunday. Thanks to some suggestions I saw from Maddog10 a while back I was able to get some decent pic's of the female inside her breeding bell with the eggs tonight. I difused the flash with tissue paper and held my surefire tactical flashlight against the glass shining into the breeding bell.

2ndspawn2.jpg

2ndspawn1.jpg

Looks like a few more than the first spawn in March that had 59 or 60 eggs. They should be wagging their tails tomorrow or thurs... I'm heading out for Arkansas tomorrow evening and will be back Sunday so hopefully everything will be cool while I'm gone. Seth will be feeding the fry from the first spawn microworms for me while I'm gone. We practiced tonight, he wasn't all that keen on wiping the microworms off the side of the container with his finger... but as a young cichlid jedi in training, he knew he had to "Man UP" and do it. :D He was cool with it once he tried it.

Lively

Members
Very cool! I love to see egg pics!

Another suggestion for the pics - practice different angles where the light bounces off the glass. One day, I had time to play and I took a couple of hundred shots at different angles to find how I could get decent light without the spot. Fish don't always cooperate - but I've managed to get a few better than average (still not as good as our master photographers here!) shots.

We tell the girls to either "pony up" or "suck it up" and then there is the "take it like a man" phrase! lol

longstocking

Members
They are nice !!

Question for you.... did you get these straight off the boat? And if so, did you find that the "red" faded at all?

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
MikeGray Congratz !!!

I didn't know the darkside was in West Virginia too.

May the Force be with you.;)

RM

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Wow!!! Thanks alot everyone!!!

Sarah, I did get these fresh. Out of a box of 36 that were imported this guy was the only one with the nice fins. The color did fade a little at first because all he would eat was brine shrimp, he's eating NLS now and the color isn't fading. He does stay dark most of the time, but when he lightens up showing off for his girls you can see it. I'm really pleased with him.

Thanks again everyone!!!