• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

picking brains again

Jmty

Members
hellooooooo matt ,tony.
look at this babies that just came into my lap and let me know what they are.thanks for your knoledge.

Jmty

Members
hellooooooo matt ,tony.
look at this babies that just came into my lap and let me know what they are.thanks for your knoledge.
pic.37 blue fish (aulocanara azureus ?)
38greyis with orange tail ( )
40black looking actually brownish with and yellow( )
thanks guys.

DSCN4437.jpg

DSCN4438.jpg

DSCN4439.jpg

DSCN4440.jpg

DSCN4441.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
The all blue fish might be Copadichromis azureus. There is no fish called Aulonocara azureus. Aulonocara = peacock, azureus is a Copadichromis. His body shape is a bit weird for Copadichromis imo.... he looks more peacock, but I don't know of one that is all blue with a white blaze...

The fish in 40 with the long trailers may be a lwanda peacock, though can't be sure without a better shot (the color is sort of muted).

No idea what the fish in the 2nd pic is... doesn't look like any common Malawi hap I know of. Only solid horizontal melanin pattern I know off the top of my head is Nyassachromis and Protomelas marginatus. From the pic, his head is wrong to be the first and color is off from the latter. Do you have a better picture?

Jmty

Members
picking brains.

ok lets try this pics.and thank you for you time looking at this fish.ok here is posing ,first 3 pic,last 2 pics you can see the blue specially in the head body got some blue , is a light thing depends on how it reflect on him.

DSCN4451.jpg

DSCN4455.jpg

DSCN4459.jpg

DSCN4452.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
I agree on the Lwanda...and nice fish!

Not sure on the first one. Looks kinda like a Red Empress to me, but it's hard to say.

Honestly, it's really hard to definitely ID random fish like this. And even if you get a couple of people to agree on what they probably are, you shouldn't breed them with the intention of producing "pure" fish.

Matt

Looks like it might be a Chilotilapia rhodesei (http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=692), but the shape of his face is a bit off.

The peacock is definitely a Lwanda - and a really nice one at that. :)
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=692

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah, there's something going on with the hap's head shape. Not many have a concave face - most have an outward sloping head (some exceptions being Cyrtocara moori and Pl. johnstoni - both of which are not this fish).

Still a nice fish for an all-male tank in any event. :)

The blue one is a blue regal and the red one is a german red peacock. And the on with yellow on it fins is a lwanda peacock

I love malawi cichlids!!

Jmty

Members
promotelas marginatus just check pics. and don't look nothing alike ??? maybe a hyb.all male tank , love the look of that fish.

neut

Members
Lwanda is good (and easiest call).

Fish with horizontal line strikes me as protomelas, marginatus maybe, but imo you'll get a better idea when he grows and shows more color.

There are a few peacocks that are more or less solid blue with white to bluish white trim on fins, kandeense, masoni, some of the chitande types, for example. The blue body on the fish in question looks dull for a regal imo (at least compared to any I've had), but might be stress or a matter of condition.