• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Photographic Female Krib

One of the three Pelviachromis taeniatus 'Mlowe' females I have from the group I got from Ted Judy, is always struttin' her stuff.

Here are some recent shots of her. Love her colors.

13aPelvTaen112207.jpg

12cPelvTaen100807.jpg

12bPelvTaen100807.jpg

12aPelvTaen100807.jpg

You can see that the she's got the edge on her closest competition.
13cPelvTaen112207.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Your right Bobby, She is stunning. That belly is looking good.
One of the few species of fish that I think the female is better looking than the male.

marge618

CCA member
I have a female krib with lots of little kribettes.... now what? She looked a bit like your krib.. belly was huge like a big red-ish purple grape. She takes them up over the log to search for food... usually hides where I can not see her or them. I've never wanted to take fish pictures... Now is the time to learn!!

There are killiefish in the tank... they are all forward on the other end of the tank...
5 corydorus sterbai in the tank too. Ahhh... I will move this to the Old World forum.
Later,
Marge

You have two big choice option.....move the babies to a separate tank or let nature run its course. I found that the parents are pretty good at defending the fry so I would say let them stay, thats what mine have done and they are on batch 4.