• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Peyton Manning....

They removed him from the Cant Cut List saying that since he was not available at the beginning of the season he should not have been on that list, so I was able to drop him. My starting QB isnt one that has me super thrilled and since the draft was before most of the information came out on him missing time and needing additional surgery I figured I had already covered my starting line up at that point so I might as well pick him up, this is a QB heavy league, as in QBs account for about 45-60 points a game and running backs are about 35-45 a game, WR at about 30-40 a game. It has points for completions that drive up the QB value and Peyton is notorious for completing 25-30 passes a game which would have been 18.75-22.5 points a week(yes, .75 points per completion, insane), vs my starter who is sitting at about 18-20 completions a week on average. Thats a 6-9 point difference a week which is huge.

Man I was going to take him from you for 50 bucks!;):D I love Richards "ALMOST"

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
MY QUESTION IS WHY HE DIDNT HAVE THE SURGERY AS SOON AS HIS SEASON WAS OVER. HE DIDNT HAVE SURGERY TILL JUNE/JULY? HE MAY NOT HAVE A SEASON @ ALL IF THEY DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. THE COLTS DIDNT SEEM TO BE A THREAT THAT THEY ONCE WERE FOR A FEW OF SEASONS TO BE HONEST.
*INSERT "PLAYOFFS?" HERE*

Last edited:
He had the surgery mid to late May by the reports I have seen. Part of it was that he supposedly had been working with the team to get the surgery taken care of and then the lockout happened. I am pretty sure he had to arrange the surgery on his own at that point and then also arrange his own rehab guys instead of working with the team guys he had worked with for the last however many years. Basically started all over with the doctor process, so you know how that goes, come in, get a check up, then come in and get an image, get a diagnosis, get a second diagnosis, get a surgeon scheduled.....

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
When I drafted my first team, Brown was buried in the rankings (around 1800 or something) and I don't think anyone knew who he was. Then, all the final cuts were made and all of a sudden he's in the 200s and people like you are grabbing him. I really don't know who's gonna be better, Brown or Sanders, but I do know that one of them will be stepping up 'cause Ward will be getting hurt and Wallace will be getting double covered all the time. So we'll see-you got Brown, I got Sanders. In Pittsburgh they seem to think it will be Sanders, but I thought Brown was more impressive in the pre-season and at the end of last year.

Yeah, I heard a lot of good things about him and several of the talking heads were raving over him. Can't wait to see him too! Hey, that's pretty cool that they removed P. Manning from the Can't cut list. I think it was quite logical for them to do that.

They removed him from the Cant Cut List saying that since he was not available at the beginning of the season he should not have been on that list, so I was able to drop him. My starting QB isnt one that has me super thrilled and since the draft was before most of the information came out on him missing time and needing additional surgery I figured I had already covered my starting line up at that point so I might as well pick him up, this is a QB heavy league, as in QBs account for about 45-60 points a game and running backs are about 35-45 a game, WR at about 30-40 a game. It has points for completions that drive up the QB value and Peyton is notorious for completing 25-30 passes a game which would have been 18.75-22.5 points a week(yes, .75 points per completion, insane), vs my starter who is sitting at about 18-20 completions a week on average. Thats a 6-9 point difference a week which is huge.

That's great news Rob! Now go draft your boy Tyrod Taylor or Jason Cambell...LOL!

I picked up Jordy Nelson instead. Hopefully wont need what remains on the scrap heap at QB for at least a month. Gives the position players time to demostrate where they really are this year in their offenses, like James Starks being the starter in GB, rather than Ryan Grant.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
He had the surgery mid to late May by the reports I have seen. Part of it was that he supposedly had been working with the team to get the surgery taken care of and then the lockout happened. I am pretty sure he had to arrange the surgery on his own at that point and then also arrange his own rehab guys instead of working with the team guys he had worked with for the last however many years. Basically started all over with the doctor process, so you know how that goes, come in, get a check up, then come in and get an image, get a diagnosis, get a second diagnosis, get a surgeon scheduled.....
YOU KNOW PEYTON MANNING WASNT DOING IT LIKE US. HE HAS MOOLAH TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN QUICKLY. :D ALL HE WOULDA NEEDED TO DO WAS CALL HIS DR SET IT UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN. HOW LONG DO YOU THINK HE HAS LEFT CAREER WISE?

Two to three years tops. Depends on how this heals. Might hang it up if there is any question and move into an offensive coordinator/head coach role.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Don't you worry Joel...I've marked my calendar for next week. "You tell your guys in PA... your friend... it'd be a pleasure. I kill a Communist for fun, but for a Fantasy Football Championship game I gonna carve YOU up real nice."

Then we'll see who the loser is....:)))