• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Petco sale

Leffler817

CCA Members
If anyone sees a 30 breeder included in the sale please let me know. The one near me does not include them :( Thanks in advance.

Jt731

Members
The petco in Annandale had 15 gallon tanks last time, the one in Alexandria only has 10, 20,29,40,55. And it was a pretty poor number of tanks, not sure if they hadn't put them out yet

dogofwar

CCA Members
I bought 4 x 29g before my Uruguay trip. I asked about getting some additional sizes in stock.

Manager at the store in Rockville said that the purpose of the sale is to clear out existing inventory (so they wouldn't get more).

Still - it's a great deal!

Matt

There are only specific sizes in a dollar per gallon 10, 20H, 29, 40B, and 55. This is what we make for the specials and it's a huge volume of tanks that we make for the promotion. Dollar per gallons are a promotion that Petco has been running for a number of years (and a number of other chains are emulating).

Petco doesn't carry 30 breeders so you won't see them at dollar per gallons. Each store receives a predetermined number of tanks (determined by Petco's metrics) which is why inventory seems limited. You need to get there early or else they will be gone.

Forester

Members
There are only specific sizes in a dollar per gallon 10, 20H, 29, 40B, and 55. This is what we make for the specials and it's a huge volume of tanks that we make for the promotion. Dollar per gallons are a promotion that Petco has been running for a number of years (and a number of other chains are emulating).

Petco doesn't carry 30 breeders so you won't see them at dollar per gallons. Each store receives a predetermined number of tanks (determined by Petco's metrics) which is why inventory seems limited. You need to get there early or else they will be gone.

No 20 longs?!?! Does it vary by store? Or are they all the same?

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hopefully they will do it again.
My plan was to buy a bunch as soon as they had a sale after the holidays.
But seems my Daughter, son in law, grandaughter and their great dane will be moving in this month so no room to store them now. :angry:

My bad. 20 longs are also part of Dollar Per gallon. Also the number of tanks each store gets is determined by how much aquatics they sell. The bigger aquatics stores get more tanks.