• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Peacock Bass

NYfan78

Members
Hey, well i started a salt tank and its just getting over my head so I am seriously thinking of breaking it down and getting back into fresh. I want to do peacock bass and 1 or 2 large plecos. What size tank would you all recommend?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Chris' are currently in a 180, awaiting an upgrade to a 300... Saltwater tanks always sound fun in theory, but can be a PITA in practice.

I replied to your PM. If you decide to put something in with it make sure you do your home work. Make sure it grows as fast as the bass will grow and will get to be a good size.

NYfan78

Members
IM JUST LOOKING TO DO FISH THAT ARE DIFF IN AWAY. DONE AFRICANS AND BORED WITH THAT. WHAT OTHER FISH ARE COOL TO KEEP. RAYS?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I was thinking of doing frontosa tank. I have always liked them. With maybe 2 oddball plecos.

I think you're going to want a 125 or 180 for a group of fronts.

I've never kept more than one in a mixed tank, but heard that as adults they tend to get spooked and run into glass on tanks shorter than that.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
180 is a better bet for fronts because alpha males can get to be 15"+. 6 foot length is also considered a minimum I believe as Tony mentioned.

Sounds like everything you want needs a big tank... Are you planning to buy a big tank, if not you should solicit suggestions based on the tank size you have.