• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Old World Exotic Fish

kewl_front

Members
Has anyone here dealt with Old World Exotic Fish? If you're buying wild Frontosa moba's, what the difference between buying from Old World versus an importer? Do they collect their moba's from different locations? I know OWEF has a minimum buy but that's not a show stopper when buying wild frontosa's, because I'll be spending the minimum anyway. Also, I'm guessing, some guys who sells Cichlid probably purchase their Cichlid's from OWEF.

Any insight?

Regards,
Cobalt

emartin

Members
They won't ONLY do business to retailers but are very hesitant to do business with individuals.

It's a 5 box minimum + $750 w/ of fish + air fare + heat packs (a must even in the summer too (air cargo is pretty cold) + styrofoam and other packaging costs.

You're MUCH better off buying from these wild importers which have VERY fair prices:
www.bluechipaquatics.com
www.valleyaquatics.net
www.tomstanganyikans.com
www.cichlids.net <---don't usually import Cyphotilapia to my understanding but I don't see why they wouldn't fill a request
www.tntcichlids.com

Ordering from Old World for a hobbyist would really just be too much of a hassle... Not worth it in my opinion if the fish you are seeking is available elsewhere or local for a fair price...

Plus all the above retailers I listed above order their wild Cyphotilapia directly from Africa.