• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Oceanic Paint or Canopy?

rich_one

Members
Anybody familiar with the Oceanic tanks and stands with the black (or dark grey)-speckled grey finish? I'd like to get a canopy for my 7 ft. 210, but am wondering if it'd be easier to find a matching canopy, or make one and find the paint to match it to the stand. Of course, I suppose I could just paint it black, but kinda like the unique look. Any thoughts?

-Rich

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Anybody familiar with the Oceanic tanks and stands with the black (or dark grey)-speckled grey finish? I'd like to get a canopy for my 7 ft. 210, but am wondering if it'd be easier to find a matching canopy, or make one and find the paint to match it to the stand. Of course, I suppose I could just paint it black, but kinda like the unique look. Any thoughts?

-Rich

If memory serves me, Oceanic no longer offers that color. Matching it on your own will not be easy. You may want to contact Oceanic directly. Perhaps they could be of help.

rich_one

Members
If memory serves me, Oceanic no longer offers that color. Matching it on your own will not be easy. You may want to contact Oceanic directly. Perhaps they could be of help.

Thanks, Andrew... will look into that option. Hoping to get it done as inexpensively as possible. LOL...

-Rich

Oceanic really doesn't exist any longer. The entire line of aquariums has been discontinued for several years.

The Granite color was discontinued even before 2006 when Oceanic was moved to Franklin.

Your best bet is to make a canopy or have someone make it for you. Then paint the canopy and stand using some of the Krylon Fauxtone paints which have a similar look to the original granite paint. You will never be able to find a perfect color match otherwise.

Andy