• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ocean Clear canister filter for sale

chris_todd

Members
I am selling the Red Sea Ocean Clear canister filter I used to use on my 90g planted Discus tank. I became annoyed with how difficult it was to service and clean (you'll see why in the pics below), and replaced it with an Eheim 2217.

It works just fine, and comes with the canister itself, two 100 micron filters, and enough bioballs to fill the center. It also comes with the tubing, which is rigid, reinforced, and not very flexible. I would recommend the purchaser replace it with more flexible tubing, and include those Eheim double-tap quick disconnects. Also included is the black PVC intake, and the locline outflow (which is nice). As you can see in the pics, the PVC ball valves eventually got too stiff to turn, and the handles broke, making them useless. If you want to use this on a planted tank, there's a section of PVC with a 1/8" hose barb for CO2 tubing.

This canister filter is designed to be used with a fairly powerful pump. I was using an Eheim 1260 (which is not included).

I'm asking $50. It *is* used, but I've cleaned it really well. Pickup in Catonsville. Sorry, but I will not be at the March meeting. PM me if you're interested.

The square red bucket in this picture is not included:
ocean-clear.jpg

This shot shows the Locline outflow, the PVC intake with the CO2 tubing hose barb, one of the 100 micron filters, and some of the bioballs:
ocean-clear-closeup2.jpg

In this shot, you can see the canister, the second 100 micron filter, and the broken handle on the PVC ball valve on the intake tubing:
ocean-clear-closeup.jpg

ricksreef

Members
Filter

Will you ship this to me and can I pay you on paypal? Just let me know the total to zipcode 76210, and maye we can work it out. Regular US/UPS/FEdex is fine with me.

Thanks
Rick