• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

OCA - Who's going?

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
As much as I would love to go, I can't. Otherwise, yes on bringing you back some fish Mz. Presidente;)))

kaj41354

Members
I am going Frannie and I'd be happy to help you out, just might be a little tough connecting afterward.

Spine

Members
I plan on going but I haven't figured out how yet.If I drive I'll let you know.
Do the airlines allow carry on fish anymore?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Sorry, Francine. I wish.
Kevin, its not a bad drive.
It takes me 6 hours with two stops on the way.

Joanne & I are going Franny, we are driving, what do you need?????

Really looking forward to this OCA.

Joanne and I are going to do a kids program at this OCA, something we dreamed of doing for a few years, after we saw this for the first time at a show in Canada.

Thanks to Andrew who brought us in contact with Les Wilson from United Pet Group Aquatics a kind of dream comes trough.

More about this will be announced by the people of the OCA,

Hans

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm thinking about going up next year. I heard that it's a pretty awesome event that is well worth the drive.

There's so much going on in the fall, fish-wise: ACA, CCA meetings starting up, Aquafest/Catfish, then the ECC auction. It's tough to squeeze in another major one.... especially tough with a non-fish-obsessed wife.

Speaking of which, is there going to be an Aquafest next year?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I hope so. I can't wait for another Danio taxonomy presentation.

Just kidding :D

Matt

I'm thinking about going up next year. I heard that it's a pretty awesome event that is well worth the drive.

There's so much going on in the fall, fish-wise: ACA, CCA meetings starting up, Aquafest/Catfish, then the ECC auction. It's tough to squeeze in another major one.... especially tough with a non-fish-obsessed wife.

Speaking of which, is there going to be an Aquafest next year?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I suppose that will be up to the clubs and the BOD. I would doubt if we would want to do it a couple months after the ACA convention. I know PVAS is already talking to other clubs about taking CCA's place.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I suppose that will be up to the clubs and the BOD. I would doubt if we would want to do it a couple months after the ACA convention. I know PVAS is already talking to other clubs about taking CCA's place.

Yep, you're right Pat.

We're going to be exhausted from the ACA because it's kind of all work and no play. Strike that from the record! I meant a little play, but not much so having someone else step in for us would be a relief because we can finally sit back and enjoy AquaFest.

Spine

Members
So,who is going to OCA. I've decided that I'm definitely going. Now I have to decide if I'm going to fly or drive.
I would like to hear any suggestions from anyone who has been before.

Spine

Members
Hmm, looks like there will only be three CCA members there.I'll have to wear my bright green CCA shirt to (represent) make sure people see it. Does anyone have cards that I can pass out to promote our convention,if so please bring them to the meeting on Saturday.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Have fun Kev! Let everyone over there know that you're a CCA member. Also, that we expect all of them to attend the CCA does ACA next year too.

marge618

CCA member
Have fun Kev! Let everyone over there know that you're a CCA member. Also, that we expect all of them to attend the CCA does ACA next year too.

OCA is alot of fun. I can see why people attend this event year after year. Great speakers, lots of cool fish (in the show, for sale in hotel rooms, and auction).

The CCA (post card) is great. Easy to hand out in informal setting. All the ACA 2011 info is right there. A good adv tool.