• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

OCA? Who went?

marge618

CCA member
OCA was a hoot. I haven't been to bed today (or is it night?) yet, so pardon the long sentences.

I bought Cory weitzmani at the OCA Sunday auction. Am sitting on the floor in front of the heavily planted 75g :eek:trying to see if the Weitz are happy in their new home. All 10 have disappeared in the greenery, so may be here awhile. (I know they're in there somewhere!)

Will give you more info when I am alert.

marge618

CCA member
I nominate OCA as Best Bargain Convention. Rooms were $67 and you can drive there in 7 hours. The hotel had a nice pool and an ice skating rink. (Very kid friendly hotel. There was a fish artwork contest for kids too.) The hospitality room had beer and food until LATE hours plus coffee and pastries in the morning. Informal pizza party with winners announcements was a big hit and well attended. Huge auction ran all day Sunday. (The auction alone is worth the trip.)

Speakers covered African (Ad Koning), South and Central American cichlids (Juan Miguel A.Azas), and catfish (Ian Fuller and Ingo Seidel).

Lots of people selling from hotel rooms. Good prices and wide selection of cichlids and catfish in rooms and in auction. They raffled off a 90G tank with all the trappings during the auction.

My Buy list
cichlids:
c nanaluterus juvies (on CARES list)
herotilapia multispinosa (rainbow cichlid) and 1 adult and juvies
rotkeil 1 pair juvies
thoricthys passionies

catfish:
corydoras weitzmani
corydoras paleatus long fin
corydoras sterbai
synodontis pleurops

zenins