• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Not too shabby - 120 gallon + stand +sump $150

dustin

Members
Thanks. Tryin to get into saltwater. This tank be a nice size for starters. Gotta love those 24" front to back tanks.

MAV75

Members
Hey Dustin,
If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you didn't get this tank? I went to look at it on the 5th and it was still available.
Mauricio

dustin

Members
The day I was to go look at it, dude never called me back til too late for me to drive down there. The next day, he text me and said it was sold. Which I told him if someone wanted it, go ahead and sell it. No big deal. The make em every day. Ha!

MAV75

Members
I picked up the set up, the stand had a few scratches that can be refinished. I told him that I was looking for something a little nicer and he asked if I would take it for $100, at that price I definitely couldn't pass it up.

mab

Members
Not the first craigslist deal fall through; however, I think that to have a deal poached by someone on this forum is a first.

dustin

Members
Isn't poaching illegal? Ha! It's all good. Ain't like I needed it. At least do me a favor n setup as saltwater! U can do it! It's a long story, but the guy selling it, I honestly was a lil iffy about to start with. Said he had live rock. He did but didn't tell me it was outside in the cold in a trash can for a day or two. That's not live rock. That's dead rock. Either way at least someone got a good deal from the forum. Congrats!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
That's a little harsh isn't it?

Not the first craigslist deal fall through; however, I think that to have a deal poached by someone on this forum is a first.

24 hours later and still publicly available - seems like a very reasonable and respectful waiting period for a posting that scores if not hundreds of people in the metropolitan area may consider.

I wouldn't holler "foul" if it happened to me.

MAV75

Members
I originally saw the CL posting, I called and they seller said the "first guy" to go look at it wasn't interested. So I jumped on it, I wouldn't call that poaching since I didn't know who the "first guy" happened to be until that night when I saw this thread.
Dustin,
I asked the guy if the "live" rock was still considered live if it had been sitting outside for a while and he kinda stumbled, I wanted some of the pieces he had, but he was asking way too much for them. I passed on the live rock. I have some work cut out for me, before I set it up as a nice show tank and I will post before and after pics.
Mauricio

dustin

Members
Yea he seemed sketchy to me in a way. Just talkin on phone. Took him longer than normal to answer questions. Hate drivin 2 hours and not liken what I c. I just picked up some real nice LR today. Helluva deal too. R u into sw mav75?