• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nile perch

Wblaze

Members
Is this a Nile Perch? Please help me identify
giz.jpg

Plenipotentiary-at-large
It's about time

Tony has discovered his muse, and in so doing catalyzed a commendable outpouring of conjecture, lyricism and hopefully irreverence. HUZZAH! This should make for a much more interesting forum, was close to abandoning hope.

Just for the record, I am Samuel and the last name is LaBudde - all other liberties are allowed. And the NPPA is not my handiwork - I was out at sea (literally and otherwise), undersea or overseas most of '89, but Tony is however correct that its authorship can be traced to another CCA member. Any theories on who this might be? (Be sure to include alleged proofs, citations and especially anecdotes as I only know part of the story.) The best, uhm, correct responder gets a home-cooked meal from CCA's very own dazzling and unrepentant President, and failing that (likely given the state of that Girl's kitchen,) home-made mostly organic cookies from yours truly. No kidding.

Gentlepeople, start your keyboards.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Is this a Nile Perch? Please help me identify
giz.jpg

Melanin pattern isn't right.

Best picture I could find of one. Judging from the snow, I believe it's a northern variant.

You can see why they were used as hats - prior to the enactment of the NPPA (love it, Samuel!)

tumblr_le3ha3CUyp1qc823io1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Charlutz

Members
Cam -

One of the reasons you're getting so much crap is that on its face, your question shows that you did no work on your own before you asked. The message is that you view your time more as valuable than your audience. Not a good look. I doubt that is what you intended, but that is the message you are sending. If you had done a simple google search, you'd have more than enough info to get yourself started. The links below also have other links within. Also, if you can catch the full episode of River Monsters: Monsters of the Nile (3 mins are in the youtube clip), you should watch it. I found it to be objective and not only a presentation from the cichlid hobbyist side. Good luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_perch
http://animal.discovery.com/fish/river-monsters/nile-perch/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWEMD2K2r0I&list=SL&feature=sh_e_top

Leffler817

CCA Members
Wow I had no idea! I always thought the Nile perch was more Ewok than Gremlin? Uh, go figure. I learn so much on this forum.

Also, back in my caber tossin days I'd shout 'Hazzah' I didn't know it was 'huzzah'. Perhaps that was because of my WNY accent. Head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I dinnae ken

No rules for spelling on interjections/expressions of joy. Too personal for any of that - say, write or spell it/them howsoever you desire.

I gave up cabers myself when dwarves became the rage - nowadays the only thing I throw is the occasional fit.