• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nice Deal on a 240G

cholile

Members
It's been posted a few times before. I think there might be issues with it. Note sure, but sometimes if it seems too good to be true...

YSS

Members
It's been posted a few times before. I think there might be issues with it. Note sure, but sometimes if it seems too good to be true...

I see. I haven't seen it before and I browse pretty much every day.

jrpatter

Members
When you get up to tanks of this size you invoke a whole nother set of problems.

First it takes 3+ grown men to move it.
Second it wont fit into most vans and trucks (they have 6 ft beds) so you have to get a trailer or rent a moving van.
Third at this size you almost always pop a seal when you move it. So expect to reseal once you get it moved.

I have a 240 and lets just say it is a pain.

John

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Is it just me, or does that stand not look like it was originally meant to hold a tank that outweighs a Miata?

When you get up to tanks of this size you invoke a whole nother set of problems.

First it takes 3+ grown men to move it.
Second it wont fit into most vans and trucks (they have 6 ft beds) so you have to get a trailer or rent a moving van.
Third at this size you almost always pop a seal when you move it. So expect to reseal once you get it moved.

I have a 240 and lets just say it is a pain.

John

Real trucks have 8ft beds. Ones with 6ft beds are called pick up's;) But yes for that price it seems to good to be true.

YSS

Members

John

I am sure this comment is also from an experience, but I highly doubt this is the case in general. If that's the case, then you would expect to reseal when you buy a new tank from a store and bring it to your house?

jrpatter

Members
With the 240 talls (6ft tank) yes you often have to reseal them. We had a store that loved the footprint. But 1 in 3 sold had to be resealed from the factory.

Alot like the hexs, some tanks are just prone to leaking.

John

kraiz

Members
that thing is probably a beast! Getting my 100 gal in the door of my house was hard enough! Holy cow.... i wish....