• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Next Non-fish project

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
In the past I have posted some pictures of projects on here for the amusement of the masses. Seems like many people delight at the site of me ripping the house apart and then trying to repair the damage I create. lol

So get ready all.

I will start emptying the cabinets today and this week will begin to disassemble the kitchen to the studs. Thats right, not just cabinets, but I am taking down walls, ceiling, floor etc. Means moving duct work, plumbing, and electric. LOL

Thats right. You again will get to see me in another Kelly Project. LOL

Yes, Its time for another installment of Pat going nuts. lol
Time to see how long Tracey will put up with not having a Kitchen.
How long will she put up with a fridge in the living room and nothing but a microwave and a toaster.
How long before I am threatened with Kitchen vs Fish. lol
How many weekends will she let me do water changes instead of putting up drywall.

LOL
Here we go.:jumpy:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
There are threads on some but
Last year it was living room, and dining room carpet removal, sand floors,
paint and crown molding. Not a real big one.
DSC_0005.jpg

The year before that was a monster. Taking 2 rooms and turning them into one room. Down to the studs on that one. I hate mudding and sanding.
DSC_0080.jpg

That was right after one tug on the ceiling of one of the rooms. The fun part is the demo becomes a family project.
DSC_0066.jpg

Of course when it comes to mud and sand it suddenly becomes my project. lol
DSC_0091.jpg

The year before that was a bathroom.

F8LBITE

Members
good luck Pat I dont envy you. Before you put the cabinets back leave room for a countertop aquarium!

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
This is gonna be good ;)

I feel ya on the drywall, I've been working on the drywall in my 12x15 fishroom for a year now... still isn't done :( (mostly because I HATE working with drywall which leads to me not working on the fishroom)

Good luck Pat, we'll be here for support ;) (disclaimer: support in no way means doing drywall work in any shape, form, or fashion)

I had my kitchen renovated floor to ceiling. It only look 640 man hours.
2 guys x 8 hours x 8 weeks (and they were pros)

However, don't let that bother you:) There is a bright side, you can have as many tanks as you want when your wife moves out.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well, the Kitchen is now empty.
Course the living room is now not too good. lol

DSC_0050.jpg

The rest of the old cabinets are in the kitchen still but are stacked up.

DSC_0048.jpg

The cool part is I have not done anything yet. LOL my youngest son did that while I was at work yesterday. Next is to move the old ones out this weekend. Then start wall and ceiling removal. Oh the fun.
DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

lonlangione

Members
Are you gonna list the old cabinets on Craigslist? A buddy of mine just re-did his kitchen and he listed his cabinets on craigs list and sold them for half of what his new ones cost him.

Lonny

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Great project, Pat. Redoing the kitchen will be well worth it. So much time is spent there, that it makes sens to get it just the way you like it. :)

Keep posting shots. Keep up the good work.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
LOL GOOD LUCK! ITS GREAT THAT YOU CAN DO THESE YOURSELF. SAVINGS = $$$$. THIS TURNS INTO MANY THINGS YOU CAN GET FOR YOUR FISH. :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I might list them but I have one person with a rental unit that is talking about it.
Someone on here has asked also.

Still might get listed yet. lol
My youngest son just sold 4 cabinets on there of his. LOL Two of which have been sitting in my spare bedroom for 2 years. Of course there are like 3 more in there. lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
It would be nice to pay some of my expense back. lol

The new cabinets were free. The boys used to work doing Cabinet repairs. Had one new house that they get a call on from the boss saying that they need to take out all of the new cabinets in this house before the install came in the am. Wrong color. So the cabinets were installed but never even had the counter tops on. lol
Bigggggg kitchen. Lots of cabinets but that gives me plenty to work with to make my kitchen. lol

Tomorrow will be hauling some junk out, getting another storage unit and then hauling the old cabinets to the unit. Then starting to take the sheet rock down. lol
Fun fun fun.

Lively

Members
We've still not finished our little project we started last July... Wow, a whole kitchen reno - I'm impressed!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And no I was not afraid someone would steal my old counter top.
(some one asked why I put my name on it in the picture)
The old contractor did it for some reason.

Well snow this weekend means ceiling is coming down. OH YEAH