• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Newb from Bmore

mfield4

Members
Hey all, I am sorta new to the cichlid hobby and was told about CCA from cabinetmkr39 while getting some peacocks for my tank.

Live in Baltimore and have pretty much fallen in love with African cichlids. I have had a 75g planted tank forever, but once I got a few yellow labs to put in a 30g I haven't stopped upgrading!

I now have a 92g corner tank which can be seen here:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/album.php?u=5110

When I first started I had labs and mainganos, but I now want more peacocks!! my current stock list is on that link as well, down from 14 each of labs and mainganos.

Hopefully I will get more cyano. afra jalo reef from another CCA member from York (2nd one in a week to refer me here)

What else??

Who knows! Still have A LOT to learn about these little guys! My gf thinks I am crazy. I want a rack of 20 g longs but she won't let me do it, no space or something like that...

Thats all I have to say I guess.

mscichlid

Founder
Welcome to the forum! I hope you get a chance to come to the meeting this Saturday. Doors open at 1pm.

illpoet

Members
thats a really nice looking tank! welcome to the forum! definately go to the meeting if you can it's like being in a candy store but theres fish instead of candy!

mfield4

Members
Thanks all!

I want to go trust me, I keep hearin how much fun it is. Very short notice for me and I would have to skip flag football, which is RARE. I am just too competitive to do it lol.

marge618

CCA member
Thanks all!

I want to go trust me, I keep hearin how much fun it is. Very short notice for me and I would have to skip flag football, which is RARE. I am just too competitive to do it lol.

Plan to come to a CCA meeting one Sat when flag is rained out. (CCA usually meets the 2nd Sat of the month.) You will find a lot of 'crazy' fish people. Maybe find that RARE peacock in the auction.

verbal

CCA Members
There is no membership requirement to attend meetings, all are welcome to attend the meetings.

However you have to pay dues before you are taught the secret handshake j/k

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Hey Mike , Glad to see you made it to the forum. Its a process Mike first you visit a members fishroom,, then you join a forum, then you come to a meeting and your hooked for life.Take all the time you need The CCA will be here when your ready. lol Just kidding.