• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New World 40g breeder ideas?

Hi,

Have an extra 40g breeder and would really like to set up a new world tank. Are any of the apisto species good candidates for colony/harem setup? Could I have a pair of dwarf acarara species and an apisto pair? Any ideas would be welcome. I also have water that is a ph around 7.8 and slightly harder water. Would any species be more tolerant of these conditions? Also have plenty of driftwood which will hopefully lower the ph some. Thanks for the advice,

John

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'd go for a one of the cryptohero or archocentrus species myself. They are much more tolerable of the higher pH, and just as fun to watch.

this suggestion will come as no surprise to those who know me:

Rainbow cichlids! A pair would be perfect in a 40. Pretty, fun, great parenting behavior, not hard on tankmates, hardy. Ph will be no problem

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
My PH is about a 7.6 Astraleheros sp. red Ceibel pair would work well too. If you divide the tank right withhardscape you could keep two species of Apistogrammas.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
You have quite a few options that would be better candidates than apostle due to your ph and hardness. Besides those already mentioned, keyholes, thoricthys, laetacara, and many chanchitos would work well.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've got a whole bunch of stuff - med new worlds - on my list in the marketplace that would be great for that size tank....

Matt