• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Mergus/romer Book?

Isn't there supposed to be a new Romer book coming out soon that deals with SA Dwarf Cichlids? I see the Cichlid Atlas 1 but I rember hearing of a new book coming out soon.

Anybody know anything?

-eric-

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Supposed to go to the printer first quarter next year and the good news is that the original edition will be in English. All new book including NONE of the first book. (That from a post by David Soares, a very close Romer associate)

George

Thanks! I guess I'll have to find myself a copy of the current book, but it looks to be out of print.

Cheers,

-eric-

Supposed to go to the printer first quarter next year and the good news is that the original edition will be in English. All new book including NONE of the first book. (That from a post by David Soares, a very close Romer associate)

George
[/b]

Romers first book is still in print and should be easy to find, (http://www.fishbookstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=231) 2nd book is finished and is at the printer, all new fish. Should be good. Ken
[/b]

The first book is not easy to find. The link you provided (which I had tried during my initial search) is still showing that title out of stock. I'm still looking, so if anyone has a line on a used copy I'd appreciate being notified!

Cheers,

-eric-

Laxison

Members
Sometimes if a book is pretty much MIA you can contact the publisher for a copy of the book. So for like the one you can't find, call up the publisher and just say, "Hey, I can't find this book anywhere; can I get it thorugh you guys?" I was at Barnes & Noble this weekend and they were out of a book I was looking for. Turns out that the store chain didn't even carry it anymore so they suggested I contact the publisher for a copy since if they (a large book chain) didn't have it, the odds of finding it anywhere else was slim.

Good luck with your search!

krisw

Members
From some searching online, the Cichlid Atlas 2 is printed, and is available in the UK. I've ordered it from here:

http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com/?page=sh...3e18512a8e42710

I've never ordered from this shop before, so I can't recommend it until the book actually arrives. The owner emailed me and told me that his shipment should arrive around the 15th of January, so they should start shipping around then. This is the only place I've seen it for sale so far.

mscichlid

Founder
From some searching online, the Cichlid Atlas 2 is printed, and is available in the UK. I've ordered it from here:

http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com/?page=sh...3e18512a8e42710

I've never ordered from this shop before, so I can't recommend it until the book actually arrives. The owner emailed me and told me that his shipment should arrive around the 15th of January, so they should start shipping around then. This is the only place I've seen it for sale so far.
[/b]

What Krisw thinks about the book: http://www.guitarfish.org/2007/02/

maddog10

Members
Got mine on eBay this morning, cheaper than what I saw it for on Amazon. I am starting to create a small library of fish books, don't have as many as Francine though.

mscichlid

Founder
Got mine on eBay this morning, cheaper than what I saw it for on Amazon. I am starting to create a small library of fish books, don't have as many as Francine though.
[/b]

I don't have many....'cos there's not much written on SA's. :wacko:

maddog10

Members
Maybe thats because they are not worth writting about, or photographing, or even talking about. :angel2:

You know i'm kidding right, really i'm just joshing. Please don't hit me again. :smashfreakB:

Got the new book yesterday. Its fantastic! I'd still like to find the first volume. I wonder if they would consider a re-issue?

Cheers,

-eric-

maddog10

Members
Good luck, I have been looking for a copy for weeks. Can't find one anywhere. I'll keep looking. If I find 1 i'm keeping it quiet, but I'll let you know if I find 2. :p

...and if you examine that page closely you will see that it is not in stock. Believe me...this is one of the first places I checked! But thanks for posting...I do appreciate the effort.

I really hope Mergus does a re-print of this title. I think they would sell a bunch of 'em!

-eric-