• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Additions

Becca

Members
On Sunday I picked up two magnificent Bettas from Zack - one that is black with copper streaks and another who looks, impossibly, purple.

The first one, Stanley, has joined me at work and is doing very nicely in a glass cylinder with some ramshorn snails, guppy grass, and pothos. I've gotten tons of compliments on his stunning good looks.

I'm working on a fancier container for the purple guy, and haven't picked a name yet, but he's a stunner.

Zack has a really NICE collection of fish. One of his males looks like a cross between a Betta brownorum and the standard "Betta splendens." It is red, with the green spot of a brownorum on one side of its body, and just plain red on the other side. My current theory is that this Betta is a cross of the two and a chimera... a long shot... any geneticists in the group to test that one out? :p

Seriously, if you're considering adding a Betta to your work space, nano tank, child's room, whatever, these are the fish to get. They are SO much nicer than anything you're going to find elsewhere.