• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need male keyhole cichlid

lonlangione

Members
Hello,

I know it is a shot in the dark, but I need a male keyhole cichlid if anyone has one to spare or get rid of. I have two females.

Thanks, Lonny

Plenipotentiary-at-large
This is so going to cost you.

I'm your huckleberry...

Craigslist would be a shot in the dark - the CCA forum much less so.

Rather have one of your females, but will trade for something cool. He liked to spawn before he lost his mate so he should fit right in.

minifoot77

Members
I'm your huckleberry...

Rather have one of your females, but will trade for something cool. He liked to spawn before he lost his mate so he should fit right in.

"poor soul he was to high strung"

lonlangione

Members
I'm your huckleberry...

LOL Sam. Keyholes were the first cichlid I ever had spawn for me when I was 15. That was 40 years ago. I shut my fishroom down many many months ago and started selling the tanks off when my wife asked that I not sell them all right away. I had planned to get out of fish after many years because of some health issues. On New Years Day I went into a lfs and saw a tank of keyholes. I bought what I thought were a pair, took them home and well, I am back into fish but with what looks to me to be two females. They are 2 1/2". I went from 160 tanks down to 100. My wife was right. I really don't want to part with the two keyholes I have and since I am still filling tanks up I have nothing to trade. So if you want to unload the male let me know. I'll pay you for him and give you a dozen fry when they spawn. I have to work Saturday and will not be at the meeting this month, but Jay Stephan could probably bring him back for me like we did with the oblongum.

Thanks, Lonny

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Keep your money

Anyway I prefer the idea of possibly ending up with a dozen babies. I'll have him at the meeting on Saturday.

MonteSS

Members
I have three Keyholes for a couple years. No spawning and I am guessing are all females. One is a little larger than the rest but all are kinda small. Maybe like 3.5".

....Bill