• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help identifying cichlid

zanemikel

Members
New to this site... Love African cichlids and have been keeping them for over a year now. Could someone tell me what this cichlid is called? The lady at the LFS told me it was a blue peacock she got from a breeder...even though it's clearly red. I think it's a red peacock, but it's a dark red ALL over except his face, and doesn't have patterns on his fins like typical red peacocks do and isn't a dark orange. What do you guys think? He's really small, not even two inches and has amazing color already which is why I got him.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336284354.508946.jpg

Jay

CCA Members
Unknown Peacock

New to this site... Love African cichlids and have been keeping them for over a year now. Could someone tell me what this cichlid is called? The lady at the LFS told me it was a blue peacock she got from a breeder...even though it's clearly red. I think it's a red peacock, but it's a dark red ALL over except his face, and doesn't have patterns on his fins like typical red peacocks do and isn't a dark orange. What do you guys think? He's really small, not even two inches and has amazing color already which is why I got him.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

This fish appears to be a Ruby Red Peacock or a German Red Peacock. Both are rather colorful peacocks, especially when they reach full size.

Jay

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
This fish appears to be a Ruby Red Peacock or a German Red Peacock. Both are rather colorful peacocks, especially when they reach full size.

Jay

What is the difference between a ruby red and a German red?