• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need a few shells for some L. ocellatus...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
...if anyone has a some extras for homing new arrivals (five) I'd be obliged.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
You're kidding again right?

Those are free at any number of restaurants in DC. Not a bad idea but not going to buy 72 shells that someone pulled out of the trash for $22.50 especially when I only need 3-4. I'm way too frugal (and opportunistic) for such...

Last edited:

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Those are free at any number of restaurants in DC. Not a bad idea but not going to buy 72 shells that someone pulled out of the trash for $22.50 especially when I only need 3-4. I'm way too frugal (and opportunistic) for such...

LOL, Roland is the company that sells the shells to the Restaurants and grocery stores not some schmuck dumpster diving.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
OK, so they're 'semi-virgin' shells.

Still too expensive. And what's wrong with dumpster diving? I sort of admire it - just not enough to finance it.

Given that with shipping they're about $0.35/each, wonder how many restaurants recycle escargot shells? As if eating things that leave trails of slime behind them wherever they go isn't enough of a reach.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I wonder if there is a shell buy back program? Like the restaurants do with oyster shells to build up the beds.