• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mystic White Pool Filter Sand...

Jefft

Members
I have "made over" two of my tanks so far putting this PFS in as my substrate for my Africans and it has made a HUGE difference. Lots of digging and displayed "spitting" ( they will gather a mouthful and then swim upwards and spit the sand producing a little cloud that falls back to the bottom. The PFS was 9.00 a bag and it looks great. W.W Adcock carries it in Millersville MD. And it is produced by US Silica who has a base office in Frederick, MD. I just called the main office and Customer Service gave me name, number, and address of a local distributor in my area.

picture.php

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Better

I've avoided PFS because of the typical and to my mind unappealing beige/brown color, but white PFS could work especially since it's presumably far less silt-ridden than "play sand" that is a pain to clean (and that children should simply should never be allowed to play in/with when it's dry and just out of the bag given the risk of silicosis/respiratory problems).

Good find. Would be obliged to anyone inclined to buy and bring an extra bag to the next meeting...:D