• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My very special worm

ddavila06

Members
ha! i forgot to post here. some friends from APC id' d it as a freshwater bristle worm :D enjoy!

btw, when i found the worm i also found the tiny fish next to it, those seem to be bushy nose babies around 1.5 cm long:)

bug 002.jpg

bug 003.jpg

bug 005.jpg

bug 011.jpg

bug 009.jpg

ddavila06

Members
hahha! scary sounds better than what i have been hearing in my facebook and other forums!! lol

i was pulling some crypts out on friday (for the gwapa meet) and saw it in my 75, somehow i managed to catch it with my fingers and put it out in that little container.. funny that when i saw the worm i also saw those fry in that corner and caught two with the net. =D

i felt a little hesitant to put it back in the tank even though most info i found mention there is no harm to anyone/anything still i froze it and tossed it out.

the thing measured around 3 inches but it did stretch quite a bit! it crawled in my fingers and did no harm to my skin.

can you tell im still excited? i love weird things, bugs and stuff...

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
If I ever find one of those things in any of my tanks, I guarantee I'll be screaming and running out of the room!

joseff

Members
Damian,

This may sound weird but if you find more of these worms save them for me haha! They seem interesting and I want to try keeping them. I wonder how the reproduce... hermaphrodites?

Btw, the flying fox is doing good. Thanks again.

Lively

Members
I hate those things. They ruined my salt tank and actually ate an entire fish while it was sleeping, a tang if I remember correctly. My tank was infested with them, I did a freshwater purge to the rock - I stopped counting after about pulling 300. It was only a 30 gallon tank!! And they came back.

edited to say - don't care that it's a fresh water worm - kill without prejudice.

ddavila06

Members
Damian,

This may sound weird but if you find more of these worms save them for me haha! They seem interesting and I want to try keeping them. I wonder how the reproduce... hermaphrodites?

Btw, the flying fox is doing good. Thanks again.

will do, this thing didn't seem to hamr anyone but ih eard that the saltwater ones can actually pinch you when picking up...?

good to know the fish is doing well, especially after that super atlete jump it took lol :lol: