• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My new fishroom

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Im picking up a few more tanks in a few weeks and Im getting one more tomorrow so including those I'll have about 18 tanks. I'll still be adding tanks over the next few years, just not as quickly as I've been adding now.
Also, according to matt (dogofwar), my oblongums should spawn soon. I also recently had my l144 spawn for the first time in the fishroom. Im super excited!

REG84

Members
Im picking up a few more tanks in a few weeks and Im getting one more tomorrow so including those I'll have about 18 tanks. I'll still be adding tanks over the next few years, just not as quickly as I've been adding now.
Also, according to matt (dogofwar), my oblongums should spawn soon. I also recently had my l144 spawn for the first time in the fishroom. Im super excited!

18 tanks!!! Wow.. How did you get your parents to be ok with your fish room?... Straight "A's"...a ridiculous amount of community service? what is your secret?. I had to beg to get a betta bow growing up. LOL.. I wonder if you technique works on spouses as well! LOL
Nice job, it looks Great!!

Thai

Members
Dan if your parents are willing to drive you to Springfield I will donate my 55 setup complete with stand and canopy to your fishroom cause bud

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thanks, lol
Im what some people call, a trouble maker in class :D
My academic grades are good but my participation and attention grades were not good so we agreed that if I pay for everything and get straight A's (and maybe a B or 2). Im still surprised they let me. What I normally do is ask for something outrageous and "comprimise" on something inbeetween.

Thai

Members
I'm rarely wrong when judging someone's content, once a troll always a troll, same goes for liars. And dan no worries bud!
you know, I stuck up for you a few weeks ago...obviously a bad call. you don't seem to have changed much and still keep starting trouble on here.

Yeah, things can be read and taken out of context wrong. so if you have a reputation of being rude and people have called you out before, maybe you should try and read your responses before posting. that's common sense, but I think your post about it being a wall and not a room was written as intended.

no more sticking up for you bud...

PS - DAN - nice looking setup, cant wait to see if grow.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
So here's whats going on at the moment:
10 gallon: 8 zoogeneticus tequila and some cherry shrimps
10 gallon: breeding quartet (1 male and 3 females) of red snakeskin guppies and fry in a breeder box
10 gallon: endlers
10 gallon: siquia and pleco fry
10 gallon: not yet stocked
15 gallon: juvenile xiphophorus montizumae "tomosopo" and apistogramma sp. pebas
20 gallon high: ancistrus sp. huacamayo and chapalicthys encaustus pair
20 gallon high: pair of ilyodon furcidens and pair of characadon sp. abraham gonzalez -I'll be moving the characadon to their own tank soon
20 gallon high: enigmatochromis lucunussi and skiffia multipunctata
20 gallon high: empty
20 gallon long: ancistrus sp. pucallpa gold trio and gold dust sunset mollies
20 gallon long: wild caught amatitlania siquia "tempisque" pair with free swimmers
29 gallon: gymnogeophagus rhabdotus "lunarejo" (going to be moved to the 40 once I get a heater for it) and limia nigrofaciata
29 gallon: 4 juvenile neetropolus nematopus
40 gallon: empty
I plan on building a fry rack soon and I have space for another 20l or 29 on one of the stands
I'll take a few pics of it later today

Last edited:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
thanks, I just finished moving a few things around because I just got some new heaters in the mail so the pictures will show something a little different from whats written
I plan on building a rack of 6-10 10 gallons and in each one I'll have a pair of some kind of live bearer.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
thanks, I just finished moving a few things around because I just got some new heaters in the mail so the pictures will show something a little different from whats written
I plan on building a rack of 6-10 10 gallons and in each one I'll have a pair of some kind of live bearer.

What brand heater did you order? I just ordered an aqueon pro based on reviews and the fact that it is not made of glass.

I suggest you go with a trio rather than pair of livebearers. Males can be rough on females.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I went with the pen plaxx ones
I'll go with trios then. With some of my other live bearers i try and do groups of 6-8 but in 10 gallons I'll have to have fewer.

zackcrack00

Members
I went with the pen plaxx ones
I'll go with trios then. With some of my other live bearers i try and do groups of 6-8 but in 10 gallons I'll have to have fewer.

You can colony-breed livebearers in 10-gallon tanks if you keep water quality up. Just throw a few in with some plants and whatever filtration you want and you'll have them at all ages ready whenever you need them, just do water changes often.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I can't see the pics. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Darn, I'll repost them tomorrow when I get into the hotel

You really don't need to do that. They are practically the hardiest fish ever. I change the water on my colonies once every two weeks.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yah, I keep them with pleco fry so there's allot of waste in that tank so I try to clean it as often as I can.