• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Frybabies Catch

Had to come home with something. Got Julie's last three Cyps "Bulu Point". At least I think that is what I got. Sarah and Daniel will let me know for sure.

1aCypMicro081207.jpg

1cCypMicro081207.jpg

1bCypMicro081207.jpg

Nah, they get to the normal cyp size. About 4 1/2". I'm guessing I may be lucky and have one male and two females. Just a guess because the larger one seems to have a little color. Don't know for sure.

Charlutz

Members
Even if you have 2m 1f, they'll be ok to keep. Cyps are much more happy in large groups. Daniel keeps telling me my school of 20 needs 30 more fish. They won't eat the young, so if you have room to keep them by themselves, you can grow a school that way. Small feedings, 2 or even 3 times a day if you can manage it.

Charlie, I have four C. Lep. "Utinta" I got from Daniel last year. They have bred several times. I lost the fry though. Killed by other fry in a growout tank.

I keep them in the Tropheus tank. Same with these new ones. I don't have room for any more tanks, so I'll have to keep very small groups and mix them with other fish.

Charlutz

Members
Mine are Utinta from Daniel as well. I've currently only got three fry. I lost mine the same way, to others in a growout tank. Now they have their own 10g. I'm going to try and trigger a spawn this week. Been fattening them up and going to do water changes a day apart. Worked the last time. It'll be awhile before I can fill out your group, but I'll do my best!

D

daniel4832

Charlie,
Why do all tht work, just buy some more from me :FIREdevil:
Thanks,
Daniel

Charlutz

Members
They didn't wait for the water change. One female holding this morning. Going to do the change tonight anyway to see if I can spark a few of the others. :jumpy: :jumpy:

longstocking

Members
Cyprichromis microlepidotus (Bulu Pt.) is what you have.

These are nothing like the jumbo's or the regular ones. They are much more calm !!! Much harder to breed and VERY hard to get ! Bobby... I was going to snatch the 3 you have up..... but decided against it a while back. I do know of another breeder that has some for sale from time to time ( let me know if you want me to get his name). You won't be able to find these as wilds... but you can find them as f1 from when AD was exporting. They can get to 6 inches. The profile below is wrong.

Here is a link to a pic... pretty Cyp. IMO :)

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2171

I checked out the profile on CF when I came home Saturday from Julie's. So they get bigger than I thought. I think Daniel said he was getting some in too.

I am definitely interested in more...from whoever.

The same old confusion with ID shows it's ugly face again. :angry:

The list you referred me to has Cyp. Leptosoma "Bulu Point" and also Cyp. Microlepidutus "Kasaga". Mine are supposed to be Cyprichromis microlepidutus "Bulu Point". :smashfreakB:

longstocking

Members
No confusion on Id Bobby.

The list I referred you to does not have the correct ones in right this moment. I believe this guy does get some in from time to time though.

When looking for more of these fish make sure the name is exatly the same as I posted.