• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My babies have two daddies and one mom

Greengirl

Members
So my angel display tank had three adult angels. And the bright orange one is the only female. She laid a million eggs and now both males are taking careful turns fertilizing and fanning the eggs. I have never thought this would happen but there you have it. Peace. Among two males and one female. Has this happened to any of you in your tanks?image.jpg

image.jpg

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Who knows?

Could work though menages a trois almost never endure or end well - pull the eggs or go along for the ride in the name of "science", just don't be too disappointed whatever happens if you choose the latter.

Luck.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How...provincial

So much for free love/science...

Upon reflection think I'd have waited from wanting to see how it played out, but then that may be why I've had maybe 20 angel spawns and still have naught to show for it.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, I was thinking the female members of the forum would cite this as proof that Angel fish are more highly evolved, but I guess not.

Hannibal

Members
While I do not have any input as far as the angels go, you may want to consider a pre-filter for your intake. Not only will it keep your fry from being sucked up into the filter but it can also serve as a food source once they hatch. The fry in my Taiwan Reef tank enjoy picking at mine.

I can cut you off a block of poret from my sheet but I will unfortunately not be at the next meeting due to being on vacation. If you don't pick anything up before the June meeting I will gladly give you some just remind me before then.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
That's a new one

Well of course! Perhaps it was too obvious for words.

I still can't figure out what he meant, but then every time I hear "female" and "thinking " in the same sentence I know it's probably futile, present company exempted.
:D

Greengirl

Members
Thank you everyone. They are doing great. Only a few eggs have turned white, and momma and daddy are doing great jobs fanning the eggs. I am so happy to see the angels being good parents. Day three and they have not eaten anything. Going to try to post a video I took. New iPhone. Very hard.