• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My 5-gallon chi

I renovated this after Aquamania got me inspired. I"m very happy with how it looks (it contains wood and some plants from Aquamania). It originally had three tiny fish and two baby BNs but then I got some RCS from Matt at an auction a month ago. It's now all shrimp all the time!! I am crazy about this little critters. I"ve got babies everywhere and they all seem very lively and happy. photos not the best, but you get the idea.

chi1.jpg

chi2.jpg

chi3.jpg

Becca

Members
Nice!!! I'm finding myself wholly amused by the red cherry shrimp I recently acquired - so much fun to watch! I really like your use of river stones with the sand.

Ading522

Members
Nice!!! I'm finding myself wholly amused by the red cherry shrimp I recently acquired - so much fun to watch! I really like your use of river stones with the sand.

+++1 thats an awesome tank holly! :) can't wait for my project! :)

Hawkman2000

Members
I also have a chi that I haven't set up yet. I got it off CL for 10$.

I would like to set it up with just one plant in the middle, but I don't know what plant would be ok under the light.

I have some crypt Lutea. Is the Chis' light strong enough for it?

Looks great BTW.

I was told the Chi light is the right spectrum, but there's no way to set the light on a timer, so that's a problem. I bought a little light that attached to the glass (I think it was made for Chis) and I can control it with a timer.

Hawkman2000

Members
Funny thing, the magnetic switch on the light is no longer functioning. However, I figured out a way to safely rewire it to a cheap timer. I haven't done it yet. The Chi is actually going to be a gift for my mother.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Funny thing, the magnetic switch on the light is no longer functioning. However, I figured out a way to safely rewire it to a cheap timer. I haven't done it yet. The Chi is actually going to be a gift for my mother.

That's a good idea, Chad. If you need help messing with the wiring, Holly, I can help you split off the lighting to a separate cord to that you can put it on a timer. Probably only take 10-25 minutes.

Thanks Tony, but the little light I got works just fine. It's very low light plants, so I basically just turn it on when I'm around and haven't even bothered with a timer.