• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Morning all

Cyianara69

Members
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the meeting this month. As for the fish that I keep, nothing really special as of now, mostly live-bearers, platies and guppies, but that's what got me started with my MTS.

I just recently decided to re-do a 20L with a GBR pair, albino cory and Neon Tetra. I've got a 55g that I am prepping that I was thinking of putting Angels in but with the Fairfax County hard water, I'm kind of thinking maybe something else, any suggestions?

verbal

CCA Members
I just recently decided to re-do a 20L with a GBR pair, albino cory and Neon Tetra. I've got a 55g that I am prepping that I was thinking of putting Angels in but with the Fairfax County hard water, I'm kind of thinking maybe something else, any suggestions?

You should have no problems keeping domestic angels in Fairfax water. Some people seem to have issues with breeding, but others have no issues.

If you want to match water parameters with tap water, then Victorian Cichlids or Central Americans are probably the closest. While there are some very aggressive Central American cichlids, there are some that can be kept in a community setting - Nics and Rainbow cichlids would be good starters.

The most commonly kept Victorian cichlid are Zebra Obliquidens - Astatotilapia latifasciata. Christmas Fulus (Xystichromis phytophagus) are another good starter for Victorian cichlids.