• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

micro jellyfish "tank"

dankdabe

Members
My buddy wants a fish bowl for his desk at work and sent me the link to this jellyfish tank. I've seen similar designs recently, eg "desktop" jellyfish tank. Just wondering if anyone had any input. I def dont condone putting the clown in there that they display on the site but is this kind of "tank" suitable for a couple jellyfish. Anyone have experience with this? I would rather tell him to get a cool little betta setup.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Is he planning on putting a jellyfish in a $5 fish bowl or a tank designed for jellyfish?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I guess what I was trying to say was that unless you put one in a very specialized enclosure, you will quickly kill your $40 jellyfish.

MyLiquidBlue

Members
Unless your friend knows a lot about fish keeping already I would say that is not the tank for him. Saltwater is difficult and the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep stable.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Plenipotentiary-at-large
That's not a tank...

..it's a tomb. Unsuitable for almost anything but a Betta.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Go to house of tropicals! They have a rubber jellyfish that floats in the current of the tank. They have two sizes even and you'll never have to do a water change! I honestly like they way they look in their display tanks too!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app