• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marineland Penguin 350 for $25 at Petsmart

Good deal. Big Al is selling them for $29. I am running a dozen Penguin filters in my tanks, and IMO, the best, simple and inexpensive filters. I operate mine for mechanical filtration only without the biowheels and make my own filter pads from cheap polyester batting from fabric shop.

1badmarine

Just picked up 2 of them today. Don't need them, but the deal was great. Also picked up one of their LED light fixture

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I would actually choose penguin over ac filters since I loose power a lot the penguins are the only ones to restart

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

This is one big reason why I prefer Penguin over other filters. I've tried AC, Whisper and other brands and Penguin is most reliable to restart. I am no fan for AC because the O ring seal between the removable motor and the impeller can leak from fatigue, and the reverse flow direction can pop up a clogged up sponge and spill.