• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marine epoxy

mscichlid

Founder
LOL! I'm not building a tank. One of our nature centers has a waterfall that goes into a pond with turtles and fish. The resevoir that fills to form the waterfall is leaking and I'll have to reseal it.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
LOL! I'm not building a tank. One of our nature centers has a waterfall that goes into a pond with turtles and fish. The resevoir that fills to form the waterfall is leaking and I'll have to reseal it.

Sounds like a cool job you have there, Ms. Franny! :)

MonteSS

Members
Most marine epoxys come in a quart minimum. They require the recomended pump system that pumps the proper amount of epoxy to hardener. It is not a 50/50 mix as most epoxys.

There are different hardeners with fast or slow cure times. You must be careful with the fast hardener if mixing large quantities as is can start to cure very fast in the pot as you are working.

Marine epoxys are very thin. You may need a thickening additive depending on the job.

GL...Bill