• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

March Meeting Of The Cca.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
The next meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association is coming up on March 8<sup>th</sup> at 2pm.

The speaker this month will be our own, Ron Nielson, talking about the Endangered Cichlids of Madagascar. Ron is working on updating this program and wants to present it to you and then give you the opportunity to make suggestions on the program. That's right, you get to see it and help Ron get it ready for the ACA convention. So don't miss out on this one.

We will have our usual goodie bag raffle and, of course, the refreshments. Since Ron is a big wing person, this month just has to be a wing month.

The mini auction has been a highlight recently so lets keep it going. Last month Ron took care of auctioning and it was easy to tell that he knew a lot more about the fish. Lets all bring in something for the auction and have fun with it. Remember that unless the item is a donation, the club only takes $1.00 per item at the meetings. What a deal.

So let's all wear a hat with feathers on it and remember the right slogan for this month…… CCA OH, YEAH!.

(New people will understand later.) Lol

Pat

SteelFist

Members
I'm upset I wont make it :( . I have a coaching clinic to attend (Youth football).

Wifey may show up though. Although I don't know if its a good idea if she goes with out me....I'm afraid she'll come home with EVERY auctioned item.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteelFist @ Mar 5 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm upset I wont make it :( . I have a coaching clinic to attend (Youth football).

Wifey may show up though. Although I don't know if its a good idea if she goes with out me....I'm afraid she'll come home with EVERY auctioned item.[/b]

You're safe. The rest of us promise to bid against her. (Unless, of course, she spies something she just must have for her own tank!)

Plus... she can tell you all about what you missed. Ron's presentation should be REALLY interesting. Especially, for those of us who have been watching the breeders program with amazement!

SteelFist

Members
I may have to intercept a little of that cash...LOL.

Ron's presentation sounds like its gonna be a hit. Can't wait to hear about it!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Great turn out today. Over 50 people

Thanks to everyone and especially our speaker. Ron. Oh yeah.

See you next month.

mscichlid

Founder
The T- shirt was a killer! The feathers got him, too. It was a blast making Ron speechless! Good work, Li!

There were a lot of noteworthy items for the mini auction today! Especially those early publications of the TFH. Valuable stuff. Of course, the daphnia is always sublime!

CCA, Oh YEAH!

maddog10

Members
You know it is a good auction when I pony up a few dollars!

The shrimp I got are GREAT, they are checking out their new home as I type this. 1 female has eggs!
I even got a few books to add to my collection.

kaj41354

Members
Great meeting as always - the name tags are a great idea, I got to meet a few more folks that I have talked to on the forum. Got out bid on everything I bid on but, just wait till I get the rest of these tanks set up.....Thanks Ron, Thanks CCA

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
It was nice to meet you Kurt. I always enjoy your posts about Pat ;)

I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the Ricky Ricardo with the Redskins Hat!

See ya,

RM

kaj41354

Members
I remember you Babalu....hmmmm...Ricky Ricardo and the Redskins.....They've both been dead since the mid-80's! :lol:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurt @ Mar 10 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember you Babalu....hmmmm...Ricky Ricardo and the Redskins.....They've both been dead since the mid-80's! :lol:[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!! That's right it's Mr. Ricky Ricardo for you ;)