• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

**Managuense** general question

frkyltn

Members
hi, I just got a male manaquense about 7" ..He is alone in a 90gal tank..The tank he was in where I got him from had a Dempsey, flower horn, and a red devil..the mana clearly wanted his space and was chasing the others from his pipe cave.not over aggressive but clearly wanted his space.well a friend of mine has a fem. mana about the same size or slighty larger..I wanted to know if its is recomended to get the fem and add her to the tank, I was told that if I am going to, that i need to hurry before the male gets used to having tank to himself..I got the male on Sat. Dec 8..is it too late to add the fem and if not, is it even recommended to add her? thank you

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If you want them to breed, best to add the female sooner rather than later. I'd also introduce fish of that size using a divider to make sure one doesn't get beaten to death.