• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Low Light Plants...

rich_one

Members
Need some low light plants that can withstand being grown at 84 degrees. I don't know what happened. I changed my substrate, and raised the temp from 78 to 84, and then I added my discus and some bolivian rams. The fish are doing awesome, but the plants are all dying. Literally melting and withering away. It's all various java fern and anubias (my best ever anubias... it actually flowered, and I never got an anubias to do that before)!

Anyway, it's all dead or dying now, and it is very confusing. After I changed the substrate and did the massive water change, I added a dose of Excel, and have been dosing with it twice a week since... to no avail.

So now I have to start over.

Anyone have any plants tolerant of the high water temps, please let me know. Please send me a PM, as I need to work some things out. I am willing to trade things in my Things for Trade thread to acquire any plants also. Thanks.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Thing is, I know plenty of people who keep java fern, anubias, and crypts in discus tanks at 84 degrees. That's the thing that is odd. But now, after talking to someone in GWAPA, I think what I did was shock the plants by changing too much of the environment at once. I changed the substrate, and raised the temps, and it was all too much. They say the plants might come back. I doubt it... they are looking pretty bad. But I'll monitor it. I will check out the link you posted as well... thanks!

-Rich

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I gave up on everything but Vals, Crypts, Java Fern, anubia, Wisteria, and what I think are dwarf Sags. Everything else dies a horrible death.

ddavila06

Members
I gave up on everything but Vals, Crypts, Java Fern, anubia, Wisteria, and what I think are dwarf Sags. Everything else dies a horrible death.

hahha, murderer!

Rich, lower it a little man...my temp. is around 79-80 in winter (i plug the heaters) and a little lower on summer (without heaters) anywho, lower it!:D