• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking to breed my FH

bertolli

Members
I have a female flowerhorn which I was told on another forum is a ZZ...
She is only about 8 inches but has begun digging pits and according to my fish guy at the LFS it means shes looking for a mate. I bought her about 2 months ago and didn't know much about FH's I mainly did it cuz it seemed like a killer price and I had a spare tank. I was a bit disappointed when I discovered she is a female especially since I named her "Rasheed" now "Rasheeda". I still love my fish all the same but I think it would be cool to get some fry with another strain of FH, and also satisfy her "urges". I'm not picky and my knowledge is limited in regard to flowerhorns. I have no experience with this process but the guy at the LFS explained it to me and it sounds simple enough, I'm willing to loan her to someone for as long as it would take but from what I learned a minimum of a 75g tank is required which I do not have.
If anyone is interested please let me know and we can get something going...
Here is one of the photos of "Rasheeda" sorry it's not very recent she has since changed a bit I will upload more later. (haven't tried measuring her but I would guess shes about 8-9in.
DSCN0453.jpg

bertolli

Members
Yes, I'm aware of that. As was explained to me a divider should be used and only removed when her tubes drop down. I might have to wait for her to grow some more depending on the size of the male.