• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for wild type betta

William

Members
Any one out there breeding wild type betta? Preferably one of the smaller species. I'm looking to buy or trade for some youngsters or a pair.

JLW

CCA Members
Right now, wild fish out of Southeast Asia are running pretty few and far between; hopefully it'll pick up in a few weeks!

chriscoli

Administrator
I'd recommend Josh, but he's already spoken up. Also, keep an eye on the forum....there was one person on here that was selling several unusual bettas just a few months ago.

Becca

Members
Larry Tagrin used to work with some, but I'm not sure he still does.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lgfelic

Members
Larry Tagrin used to work with some, but I'm not sure he still does.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I bought most of Larry's. I have B. unimaculata fry growing out right now. I also have one B. albimarginata holding eggs.

Last edited:

William

Members
I bought most of Larry's. I have B. unimaculata fry growing out right now. I also have one B. albimarginata holding eggs.

Luis this are the two I'm most interested in, how long until you expect the unimaculata are ready, and would you be interested in trading for apistos?

lgfelic

Members
Luis this are the two I'm most interested in, how long until you expect the unimaculata are ready, and would you be interested in trading for apistos?

Sure. I'm interested in trading for apistos. Which kind do you keep?
I'd give the unimaculata another month to grow. They're about 18-20 days old right now. They're eating a lot and their parents don't bother them. They're pretty small still, but voracious eaters.

I'll keep an eye on the albimarginata. He swallowed the last brood because she kept harassing him to spawn again. He's alone now and I placed her with another male I have and they seem like they'll spawn in the next few days. Will keep you posted on those too.

Do you keep any other types of betta? I'm interested in eventually getting other species.

William

Members
Sure. I'm interested in trading for apistos. Which kind do you keep?
I'd give the unimaculata another month to grow. They're about 18-20 days old right now. They're eating a lot and their parents don't bother them. They're pretty small still, but voracious eaters.

I'll keep an eye on the albimarginata. He swallowed the last brood because she kept harassing him to spawn again. He's alone now and I placed her with another male I have and they seem like they'll spawn in the next few days. Will keep you posted on those too.

Do you keep any other types of betta? I'm interested in eventually getting other species.

Hey sorry for such a delayed response. I always forget to check forums. I do most of my fish stuff on facebook and CCA doesn't seem to have a Facebook presence :(

Anyways I have right now 8 species of apisto, and Nanochromis splendens. Not all will be ready in the near future though. Here is what I've got.

To show what I have fry coming in the next month or two, I will place a star next to them.

Apistogramma cacatuoides triple red
**Apistogramma cacatuoides triple red & wild cross
**A. cf. commbrae "Bella Union" (Matt Quinn brought em back)
A. cf. Borelli "Bella Union" (from Matt also, have fry but they grow very slow)
A. erythrura
**A. Bitaeniata
A. sp. Abacaxis
**A. sp. Winkelfleck
A. atahaulpa
**Nanochromis splendens

Let me know if you like any of these guys. Also feel free to contact me on Facebook. You can search up me or my business. William Garden Peragine or business - The Cichlid Garden