• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for Heaters

Cbaker

Members
Hello,

Does anyone have any extra heaters for sale? I am looking for about 2 to 3. Heaters that will hear up to 150 gallons, and 2 for 20 to 30G

Thank you
CB.

Becca

Members
We'll have a couple available after the BFD, but I'd generally recommend buying new ones.

The two we have will heat a 150 together. In tanks that are 4 feet or longer, I like to use 2 heaters that add up to the right size, rather than one very powerful one. This means if one fails you have more time to figure it out before disaster strikes.

Termato

Board of Directors
We'll have a couple available after the BFD, but I'd generally recommend buying new ones.

The two we have will heat a 150 together. In tanks that are 4 feet or longer, I like to use 2 heaters that add up to the right size, rather than one very powerful one. This means if one fails you have more time to figure it out before disaster strikes.

That's a really good point. I run one heater on my 75 and I've run into trouble because of that. Great suggestion, Becca!

Becca

Members
That's a really good point. I run one heater on my 75 and I've run into trouble because of that. Great suggestion, Becca!

Yeah, we're replacing the Eheim Jaegers on the 150 with 2 Cobalt NeoTherms or whatever they're called because we've got a lot of money invested in that tank. I wish I could afford to swap out all of my heaters for the Cobalts, honestly, they're a lot easier to work with and seem to be more on-target with the temperature I have them set at.

I love Eheim Jaegers, too, especially as an "economy" heater and I've been known to make use of "used" ones, but if you've got stock you really have a lot invested in, get new heaters, don't get used ones.

If someone is dead set on getting used ones, I can sell mine once the replacements come in, they work and the Jaegers are a quality brand, but it's not what I'd recommend.

Tangcollector

Staff member
Becca is dead on about the Cobalt Neo Therm heaters. They are really accurate and easy to work with. They won't get stuck and cook your fish either. Yes they are expensive. But what are your fish worth. You'll spend thousands of dollars on fish and tanks and filters and skimp on the heaters. I am slowly converting all my heaters to The Neo Therm

FishEggs

i like to use all my old, used heaters to keep my bath water warm so i dont get cold when i'm in there too long.

Hello,

Does anyone have any extra heaters for sale? I am looking for about 2 to 3. Heaters that will hear up to 150 gallons, and 2 for 20 to 30G

Thank you
CB.

Back to the subject.. i have a 150w fluval heater (its the silver metal looking one) that works fine u can have it, make me an offer. All this talk makes me want to upgrade my heaters. I only have afew tanks anyways...

npbarca

Members
I will have a bunch of fish room heaters for sale shortly, they aren't top of the line but I have never had a problem with them in 2 years.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Back to the subject.. i have a 150w fluval heater (its the silver metal looking one) that works fine u can have it, make me an offer. All this talk makes me want to upgrade my heaters. I only have afew tanks anyways...

Fluval Ms are great heaters. I've used them on various tanks for a while now. They seem reliable and accurate.

dhavalsp

Members
Heaters are pretty much hit and miss...even a new one will fail...but at least you will have a big company to blame during your grief..

Just don't start a thread "Looking for a member who sold me a bad heater'...:)

Cbaker

Members
Becca,

Thank you. that was some great advise. I usually have two heaters in my tanks unfortunately they both went out within a few days apart.

Nick,

Please PM me about the heaters that you will have for sale.

Thanks
Chris.