• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for good info on the Krobia sp Xingu

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
What, specifically are you looking to learn? I have what I believe to be a female adult Xingu. I keep her with more peaceful CA/SA cichlids. I use tap water (ph7.0-7.2, kh 3), and change 50% of the water weekly. I feed a wide assortment of flakes, pellets, and occasionally, frozen blood worms.

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're a pretty typical acara - get to about 6"...females smaller. Not too aggressive but will eat fish that will fit into their mouths. I have a couple pair in my 180 with eartheaters and other acaras.

They breed on the base slate of driftwood and also in flowerpots.

I feed mine pellets and red wiggler and keep them in tap water at about 78 degrees.

Matt

Borderlesscott

I have a pair in with a pair of Rainbow Cichlids, they are very peaceful and rarely get involved in any with any tank mates. Absolutely lovely fish, and becoming endangered in there natural enviroment due to a dam being built.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

When I was down in Brazil I was living with the kayapoo indians for a while. They had 12 tribes off the Rio Xingu. While I was there I was able to test the water quality and the Ph was 5.9- 6.4 depending on the location. The average water temp was 81 degrees. Hope this helps!